raised hood - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
raised hood
Friday, January 06, 2006 11:21 AM
Ok...there's probably a thread or answer to this already but i just haven't seen it. I just installed a strut bar and my hood is raised up a bit. Is that ok and is there a way to fix that problem?

Re: raised hood
Friday, January 06, 2006 11:31 AM
which was is the bar? you can rotate it

is yours like this _/-------\_

or

like this --\_____/--

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:01 PM
I put it as _/-------\_ cause it would hit my ecu if i put it like --\_____/--.
Friday, January 06, 2006 3:34 PM
just turn it down a bit and youll be fine. if not they make a bracket for the ecu

Friday, January 06, 2006 3:50 PM
I don't know how it actually look, cause I don't have the same engine, but if the braket is on the strut tower, you can pry the bracket like I did (sorry if it's not the same thing, but maybe it will help) :

Friday, January 06, 2006 8:02 PM
which strut bar did you get?

i have the ractive on and it does the same thing. i can put it any lower cause my intake is in the way (i have the 2200). i've just learned to deal with it.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, January 06, 2006 8:28 PM
my engine is also a 2200. I got the freedom design bar.
Friday, January 06, 2006 9:24 PM
Andy Jung wrote:my engine is also a 2200. I got the freedom design bar.

Where did you purchase it and was it designed for the 2200?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, January 06, 2006 10:08 PM
got it on ebay which was probably stupid but for 45 bucks it was worth it and it fit a caviler 2002 model so the guy said it should've fit mine
Friday, January 06, 2006 10:12 PM
Andy Jung wrote:got it on ebay which was probably stupid but for 45 bucks it was worth it and it fit a caviler 2002 model so the guy said it should've fit mine

Well just so you know, all 3rd gens have the same struts, so they have the same strut bolt pattern...so it would fit any 95-2005 J body...it all comes down to how they are designed so they avoid your hood and your computer. So really, unless you somehow figure out a way to avoid it, then you just wasted $45.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search