No Overdrive Bottom Line - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No Overdrive Bottom Line
Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:47 AM
I know that im not the only person here with a 3 speed automatic 98 four door, but it seems like GM really screws you coming and going with this model. Aside from exhaust and intake parts, almost all of my wants to increase engine performance are impeeded with the simple fact that parts arent made for that type of motor, or especially dont specify if they work with it or not. Although some, like an unorthodox under drive pulley only works with the 2.4, but ive found other sites saying it will with a 2.2, but not the 3 speed. Is this engine really as bad as im making it out to be and it seems like to me, or do alot of the 2.2 4 speed items, aside from tranny items, work with the 3 speed as well?

Thanks

P.S. whats the difference between a throttle body and an intake manifold?

Re: No Overdrive Bottom Line
Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:18 AM
Engine parts are just that, engine parts...they have nothing to do with your transmission. If you see anything made for your motor, it will work regardless of what transmission you have.

Your throttle body has a butterfly that opens and closes according to how much pressure you give your gas pedal. Our throttle bodies are mechanical, so that means it's connected to a wire that moves an arm to open and close it. Pretty much it regulates how much air enters. Your throttle body sits on top of your intake manifold. All your manfold does is lead the airflow to your cylinder head which it's directly connected to.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:01 AM
Well that makes heaps of sense. Thanks, you truly are the King of Newbies!
Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:03 AM
Riley Webb wrote:Well that makes heaps of sense. Thanks, you truly are the King of Newbies!

It's no problem.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:09 AM
he brought up a good question tho..
does the UDP work on the 2.2 or 2200??
just wondering cuz i have a 2200 and i would like to get a UDP but i've only seen them listed for the 2.4 ecos

Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:41 PM
LiquidFireCavy (mdk) wrote:he brought up a good question tho..
just wondering cuz i have a 2200 and i would like to get a UDP but i've only seen them listed for the 2.4 ecos

listening...

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:53 PM
BoltZ22 wrote:

listening...

Yes, it will work.

Friday, January 06, 2006 7:02 AM
NJHK (King Of Newbies) wrote:
BoltZ22 wrote:

listening...

Yes, it will work.

I have either an email from a site that i contacted that denied it would work, or ill post a link to the site that says it doesnt work with the 2.2L when i get back to my home computer. I hope your right, but im doubtful :/
Friday, January 06, 2006 7:21 AM
Riley Webb wrote:
NJHK (King Of Newbies) wrote:
BoltZ22 wrote:

listening...

Yes, it will work.

I have either an email from a site that i contacted that denied it would work, or ill post a link to the site that says it doesnt work with the 2.2L when i get back to my home computer. I hope your right, but im doubtful :/

This is information I recieved from a friend and fellow org member. What company wrote you back?

Friday, January 06, 2006 8:57 AM
Riley Webb wrote:Well that makes heaps of sense. Thanks, you truly are the King of Newbies!

howcome the word "heaps" reminds me of pancakes??

mmmmmmm.........

PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:21 PM
MiKeDiRnTRuLeZ wrote:

howcome the word "heaps" reminds me of pancakes??

mmmmmmm.........

PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHA

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search