which sound to go with? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
which sound to go with?
Friday, October 28, 2005 9:56 AM
a ricer sound or a more throatier sound?

Re: which sound to go with?
Friday, October 28, 2005 10:03 AM
What does rice sound like?

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Friday, October 28, 2005 10:09 AM
like a civic
Friday, October 28, 2005 10:59 AM
i never known rice to make a sound. maybe the box that it comes in if you drop it on the floor

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, October 28, 2005 11:07 AM
blink 777069 wrote:like a civic

the lack of knowledge in some people is scary

Friday, October 28, 2005 1:19 PM
blink 777069 wrote:like a civic

Just for future reference, cars don't sound a certain way because they come like that, the people who own those cars make them sound that way. It can go to same way for a Cavalier as well.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, October 28, 2005 2:20 PM
why is this even a question? why would you want it to sound like a weed eater? how do you look when idiots drive by you with a buzzzzzzz following them? do you want people to make the same face you do?

GO PATS!!!
Friday, October 28, 2005 3:00 PM
preference, bro. preference. and i told you in your other post before it got locked (for cross-posting) that you'll get flamed for using 'rice' to describe something.

Blown.
Friday, October 28, 2005 3:25 PM
blink 777069 wrote:a ricer sound or a more throatier sound?

also depends a lot on what kind of rice you're talking about. If you mean something like a long grain white rice, I'd say no. But if you mean a modified rice like pork fried rice (hold the onions) then it really depends on your preference.
Friday, October 28, 2005 3:49 PM
you have to understand every exhaust sounds different on every car. also other parts that are installed will change the sound of the exhaust (ie. headers, glass pack, resonator, hi-flow cat, etc...)

Friday, October 28, 2005 8:48 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]you have to understand every exhaust sounds different on every car. also other parts that are installed will change the sound of the exhaust (ie. headers, glass pack, resonator, hi-flow cat, etc...)

very true there, I think if you already have a catback, a header will completely change your sound, so watch out for that

oh, and def go for a throaty sound

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)

Saturday, October 29, 2005 4:46 AM
rice rice rice rice rice. thankx for your guys input
Saturday, October 29, 2005 4:58 AM
oie.......... my exhaust sounds pretty bad right now. but as long as im not floored or above 3 grand it sounds fine. but when i open it up it sounds like a weed eater on steriods. draws a lot of attention mainly cops and thats not what i want. so im picking up a resonator to put in hopefully drown the noise down and bring it back to how i liked it when i had a cat back.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:23 AM
Rice sound is HOTTTT !!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 10:09 AM
i wasnt asking for preference genious was wondering if a throatier sound would go rite for afterall they are just cavaliers
Saturday, October 29, 2005 10:24 AM
Chill out, you don't have to be an a$$hat. You're asking for a subjective answer so I responded that way, I didn't do anything except give you a proper answer. I tried to figure out what you were asking and to help you out in your last thread, too.

Blown.
Saturday, October 29, 2005 10:50 AM
blink 777069 wrote:i wasnt asking for preference genious was wondering if a throatier sound would go rite for afterall they are just cavaliers

No need to get an attitude with other members. You're asking a question that can't be answered by other people because

1. Asking if something should sound "rice" is an ignorant question. Rice is an derogative statement...do more history into it before you throw it around like a frizzbie.

2. The way your exhaust sounds is all up to the car owner. What you may like, another may not like.

To add, an cars exhaust sounds a certain way for different reasons: What kind of motor they have, what size exhaust they have, if they have resonators or how many resonators they have or what kind of muffler they have or what size muffler it is. Refering to all civics as sounding "rice" (in other words not sounding good) is ignorant.

Learn more about exhaust systems and how cars work before you throw words around and get smart with other members here.

If you're looking for help, we are here to help but don't be smart ass.

That is all...

Saturday, October 29, 2005 2:09 PM
well according to borla certain exhaust will have a more throatier sound no matter the car and other exhaust will have a rice sound. theres no ignorance in saying its a rice sound b/c it is a slang defining term. learn not to take things so personal and get with it.
Saturday, October 29, 2005 3:14 PM
you need to do research before you start talking like you know what your talking about

Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:04 PM
You asked a question based on preference. I could tell you my Magnaflow setup sounds better than a Borla dual catback but thats All Preference. To you an old lady moaning may sound better than my Magnaflow, but to me its different. On top of that, like stated before, every car is different so you won't get the same sound. You also need to wise up, my friend. Like NJHK said, calling something 'rice' is ignorant. Asking if something 'ricey' sounds better than throaty on a Cavalier is just plain ignorant. Do a search, people have posted sound clips before on certain cars, you might find something better suited to want you want. Modding a car based on someone else's opinion is stupid. Good luck with your mods, I have two posts left this month and I'm not going to waste them on trying to help you out.

Blown.
Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:17 PM
^^^^ Filip, you are the man!

blink 777069 wrote:well according to borla certain exhaust will have a more throatier sound no matter the car and other exhaust will have a rice sound. theres no ignorance in saying its a rice sound b/c it is a slang defining term. learn not to take things so personal and get with it.

What you just said is exactly what I said before. Depending on the motor and exhaust setup, that will determine the sound. I've heard Civics that sound deeper than my car because that was how their exhaust system was setup.

Now, the ignorance was behind the term "rice". To you it's a slang term but in reality it's a derogative word. Just because it's thrown around, now it's suddenly a slang term. Like said before, look up what that word stems from and why people use that word rice.

Rice should not determine a car's sound or describe anything about a car...it's a food, period.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:06 PM
I have an Apex N1 exhaust on my car, what some people might call "rice". I personally like the sound, that doesn't mean you will. I've been told it sounds like a pissed off bumblebee, and that doesn't bother me because it's a sound that I, and that's the key, like.

I had something really funny to put here but it was too long.
Sunday, October 30, 2005 5:28 PM
you want rice, open a box of Uncle Ben's and have fun.

if you want something that sounds good try using that SEARCH button. You can find clips of exhaust sounds in some of the forums and you can check the performance forum and learn what you'll need to get a nice sound because people are always posting in there.

Hey Newbies; Dont Search Ebay, i got what you need right here

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:48 PM
personally, id go with the rice. but thats just me. You'd have to go to a JDM forum to figure out what ratio to mix ur gas with the uncle bens tho. Doubt many people on here could tell ya that. In fact, what might help more is if you got yourself some type r badges.

2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS
-3SS AWD
-Corsa Catback/Volant CAI
-LS1 e-fans
-HPTuners reflash
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search