Eco and N/A - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eco and N/A
Monday, October 17, 2005 6:17 PM
Kk, yesterday at the mall were we pretty much pimp our cars for the ladies a guy pulled up in a 2003 or 4 Cavi eco, he burnt out showing off so i let him do it with mine (2001 N/A Cav) cuz i was curious to how diffrent they react. He said mine bogged bad in the shift to second and his doesnt. He is running stock with no bolt ons. Im running a AEM CAI and 2.5" Mangnaflow exhaust, is this a normal deal that a N/A with quite a bit of money into it can't beat a stock eco? I know ecos were born with more HP and torque but damn....

Chris

Re: Eco and N/A
Monday, October 17, 2005 6:57 PM
AEM CAI and 2.5" Mangnaflow exhaust

what you got, the 2200? Thats what 7 wheel Hp (being optimistic) added to 120, that 127hp vs 140hp. Wonder why you lost still?

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Monday, October 17, 2005 9:56 PM
You have to realize the power difference...

Crank Numbers
2200 stock: 115 HP / 135 lbs of torque
ECOTEC stock: 140 HP / 150 lbs of torque

That is quite a difference. Also you're talking about 2 different motors with 2 totally different designs and compressions.

The ECOTEC is DOHC, meaning, 2 camshafts over the cylinder head, 1 camshaft controlling the amount of air coming into the motor, 1 camshaft controlling the amount of exhaust leaving the motor. The compression on this motor is 10:1 as well.

Now, the 2200 motor is an OHV. It has 1 camshaft that is somewhat part of the block that controls the intake and exhaust flow and also has pushrods. This motor has a lower compression as well, 9:1, which will result in less torque.

Just a tip, your exhaust system is too big for your motor at this point. If you switched out to a 2 1/4" exhaust, it would be better suited. A 2 1/2" exhaust system is more suited with cars with motor work done or cars that are boosted (when I say cars, I mean as far as 3rd gen J-bodies go).

Hope this has helped...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:32 AM
welp, I actualy think i was wrong when i said 2.5 i took at look at it last night and I think its 2.25". Is 2.25 acceptible for my car? Anyways, I have been looking around and decided I wanna keep upgrading. WHat is the next step for my engine. I really dread when I hear the word internals.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:58 AM
2.25 is usually the best for our N/A cars

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:11 PM
if you want more power..internals is where its at...and forced induction

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:24 PM
N2O is alot of power that is cheap on the wallet.

Otherwise, Lightened pullies, lightened flywheel, better clutch & mounts would be your helper mods with Header (if you don't have one), port & polish, valve job, roller rockers, cam swap & pushrods, internals and some sort of Force induction being the main power adders

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:52 PM
I'm a little confused by the tittle, eco and n/a, but if you do have the 2200 do some head work. Thats where everyone says its potential is at. I will be hopefully working on my at the beginning of next year, after I finish my regular bolt ons.

New sig in the works
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:06 PM
Chris Stewart wrote:welp, I actualy think i was wrong when i said 2.5 i took at look at it last night and I think its 2.25". Is 2.25 acceptible for my car? Anyways, I have been looking around and decided I wanna keep upgrading. WHat is the next step for my engine. I really dread when I hear the word internals.

please fill out your profile when you get a chance

2.25 is great for your car.
next step is whatever you decide. bigger TB, lightweight pulleys, suspension, etc etc. just pick something and go with it. just make sure you do your homework on what you want to do. you dont want to spend a lot of money on a part and find out you cant use it, or that it is total junk

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:30 PM
Kk, I was looking and i seen people got P&P heads, i am curious to the diffrence from this and thew stock head.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search