PAINTED INTERIOR??? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PAINTED INTERIOR???
Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:51 PM
I painted my interior with some spray (in a can, no regular spray paint), and i wanna change the color now that i got my car painted. i was wonderin that if i wanna paint my interior with the car paint (the paint that you paint the outside of the car) would all i have to do is sand the other spray off and then spray over it????? i need some help, because im goin to be workin on it soon! Thanks guys.

Re: PAINTED INTERIOR???
Sunday, October 16, 2005 8:14 PM
The best results that I have had with painted interior is sanding it with some very fine sandpaper, and then using Primer before you lay your coat of paint. This should work with your dilemma as well. Just sand the old off, primer it(It makes it harder to scratch off), and then spray it. Hopes this helps you!!!!

Your dreams are rich.....Live by your dreams.....
Sunday, October 16, 2005 8:17 PM
^^^ agreed. it works pretty well.

pirates kick ninja asses, f00
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:27 AM
I use to work in a bodyshop and when we painted interior pieces we would rub them down with red scotchbrite pad from 3M, and then u could just paint it with the regular automotive paint. that is if its the hard plastic parts. if its the dash pad then u have to use special interior paint that u can buy at speed shops and candian tire and stuff, same prep process tho, red scotchbrite pad
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:37 AM
Paint it right this time.... j/k

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search