some answers would be gret - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
some answers would be gret
Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:45 AM
i have a cracked peice in my car and is annyoing me so greatly. ater me cursing in these forums i havr gotten a warning and its aggrivating the frick out of me. anyways so theres this cracked peice of vynil if thats what they call it these days its the peice closest to the winshield maybe its plastic, but from looking it over i think that its one whole peice. i've looked through ur forum here and seen a white one primered i supose. but it was one singal peice . so if i do get that one peice do i need to cut it out or does remove easily. and i8s there another way

Re: some answers would be gret
Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:01 PM
John Lenko ask a wonder FAQ on that. Check that section. in sunfires i know it pops right out but in cavaliers i believe you have to pull the dashpad out. But don't hold me to the cav info. I am a sunfire person.

~OPSE

Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:21 PM
there is/was a group purchase on a replace piece for that. but replaceing it on your own, youd have to rip apart the dash. its really a PITA

Group Purchase

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:44 PM
Winks was gonna put out a fiberglassed piece that just goes over it but i believe it fell through once he decided to sell the business.

i just ignore my cracks (yup i got 2 of them).

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:14 PM
I have the same thing on my cav. I got sick of hearing it rattle over every single bump so I took off the top of the dash and mounted a small bracket on the plastic below the crack. On the cav this piece runs through the whole dash so to take it out you have to remove just about everything up to the fire wall. This is why I just put the bracket in for now. If you do it yourself when your taking everything apart you need to make sure you dont rip any wires, especially around the fuse box. Also watch out for the air bag wires. For someone who know what they are doing I heard it will take a good day or day 1/2. I dont know this for sure but I think my friend got hers fixed for 400 bucks. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and keep everyone posted.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:34 AM
had the car for over 4yrs and still havent had a crack

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:44 AM
I got a crack.

But I dont care.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:09 AM
Mine is there but i ignore it!!

stock '00 2200 cavy
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:09 AM
That piece of plastic IS the dash. Its the main frame work that the whole dash is built
on. Try to make a cover cause to replace it you need to rip the whole dash out and that would suck.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:17 AM
to pull the piece to replace it you will spend alot of time under your dash. in the cavalier it is connected to the bottom of the dash. you need to pull your radio,hvac, guage cluster, steering wheel, vents, and everything else under there to get it out. you can pick up a replacement from a salvage yard for about 50 bucks. it is caused by the bolts under the dash being to tight so it cant flex and it cracks it.

hope that helps

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:19 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]had the car for over 4yrs and still havent had a crack

You haven't had crack in 4 years...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search