typical noob question - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
typical noob question
Friday, October 14, 2005 10:39 AM
just to know how far I could take my car. I know this question has been asked many times but i need a more specific answer. I would like to know ( from anybody out there if they have done it) where would I stand if I do some moderate mods to my car. I'm planning on adding an intake, headers, exhaust system including hi flow catalytic, lightened crank pulley, msd ignition coils, saprk plug cables. My car is stock right now. It is a 2000 cavalier sedan 2200. With these mods what cars could I beat, honda? mitsu? I don't want to go with turbo. I'd rather do some engine work than go with turbo. Actually I think I would like to boost it up via s/c. So where would you guys think I'll stand with all these mods w/o the s/c, and with s/c. I have searched and I have not seen any s/c 2200. Is it worthed or not? I have a $5000 budget.

stock '00 2200 cavy

Re: typical noob question
Friday, October 14, 2005 11:00 AM
its impossible to tell you...you have to do the mods and dyno to see what u gained

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:06 AM
yeah I was thinking that's the only way to really tell!

stock '00 2200 cavy
Friday, October 14, 2005 11:34 AM
there's about 1,000,000 different honda's, you have to be more specific. There's gotta be a few you can beat right now.

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Friday, October 14, 2005 11:43 AM
With all that and a S/C, 2200 OHV 3/4sp, my guess is 15's(maybe even 14's) on a awesome day. Your car runs high 17's and even into the 18's stock. Check the link below, it's the roll call inthe performance section. I just have no faith in the ohv motor for performance.

Click here for the Roll Call!

Josh
SLK 32

Friday, October 14, 2005 6:32 PM
ever heard of a honda beat? you can beat those stock......lol they are on GT4

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Friday, October 14, 2005 8:13 PM
with power, you need to dyno the car before and after. thats the only way to tell

and as faras beating other cars, get al lthat done, then go to a track and start racing

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 16, 2005 8:59 AM
thanks for the comments. I think I'm gonna do the best on the OHV and see where it turns out. Then if I can get another cavy with the eco on it, it will be another project.

stock '00 2200 cavy
Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:27 PM
*cough* Ecotec swap *cough*

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 16, 2005 1:35 PM
if you've got a 5000 budget, sell the sedan and buy a Z24, making our 2200's fast is well.....a boring project.
Sunday, October 16, 2005 4:42 PM
hoonestly with a sedan.. your runing slower to start..
sell it buy a z24 which is lighter, more power out there for a 2.4 l than the 2200
g - luck kiddo

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?

Sunday, October 16, 2005 8:29 PM
might just sell the 2200 to my sister and make it a show car rather than a race car. And I can buy a new eco or a z24. Don't know, will think about it tonight and hopefully tomorrow I have a clear answer on what to do! thanks for the advise ya all!

stock '00 2200 cavy
Sunday, October 16, 2005 9:57 PM
I'm makin my LS a show car Juan. Look at my profile--also, there are some time slips from the summer. That was my first time racing, my car weighs 3266lbs (from the Englishtown scales the time I weighed in).

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:13 AM
Whore wrote:With all that and a S/C, 2200 OHV 3/4sp, my guess is 15's(maybe even 14's) on a awesome day. Your car runs high 17's and even into the 18's stock. Check the link below, it's the roll call inthe performance section. I just have no faith in the ohv motor for performance.

Click here for the Roll Call!

I don't really have faith in the ohv engine either...

But if that engine could have been a little less cheap, it could have been a great engine....

The 2.2 (not the 2200) have 120 hp / 130 lb-ft

its running on 8.85:1 compression ratio and a lot of @!#$ty parts, lol

I'm sure with some good modification, that engine can have some great power.

anyway... It was just an idea...

I personnaly prefer the Ecotec. Turbo Ecotec

'97 Chevy Cavalier

I'm officially an Ecotec whore!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:47 AM
I'm still listening...!

stock '00 2200 cavy
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:09 PM
There are boosted 2200 that make over 200 hp to the wheels. It just takes us a little more work. Search and you will find the people on here. I'm working on mine for 2 reasons: 1. I can't afford a swap, so i do a little at a time. 2. I like a challenge.

ok 3 reasons, its fun to make the underdog win.

Now most people on here won't agree with me, but everyone has their opinions.

New sig in the works
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:07 AM
I agree whitecav01! it is fun to make the underdog win! and the challenge is a real challenge! and you'er right when you do not have the $$$$$ to do a swap you gotta do little by little and work with what you got!

stock '00 2200 cavy
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:42 PM
Where can I find part for a 2.2 (not a 2200)?

N/A Time

'97 Chevy Cavalier

I'm officially an Ecotec whore!

Join us and you could win a PSP! -- PS3FORUMZ.COM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search