Gertrude - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gertrude
Sunday, April 24, 2011 9:15 PM
so, I finally decided to throw some pics of my sedan up on here. lemme know what you think

taken with my older-than-dirty Sidekick, so the quality is poop

taken at the 5th Annual GM-Only car show at Silver Springs Nature Park, here in Ocala, Florida. and surprisingly enough, I wasn't the only j-body there. some guy had one of the 2 GMPP Sunfires.. all hydro transmission, supercharged Ecotec in a '97 body, tri-color paint.. made my car look like @!#$ when it was already sitting between a '70 Chevelle SS and a '57 Bel-Air on air and chrome

some shots down at griderusmc's house in south FL.. after fixing alot of electrical issues

the most recent pics, taken a couple months ago

I figured I'd put these up bc the car will be up for sale officially in a couple weeks. I found a suitable replacement, so the wheels, coilovers and headlights will be staying with me. enjoy!

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Re: Gertrude
Sunday, April 24, 2011 9:19 PM
I want spoiler lol

looks good

Sunday, April 24, 2011 9:31 PM
I may consider a slight part-out, depending on what a wholesale will net

Sunday, April 24, 2011 10:16 PM
you know i already want those taillights so lmk lol, hit me up

Monday, April 25, 2011 8:18 AM
It's clean, but why didn't you put a lip on the back bumper so it'd line up better with the skirts and front?

Monday, April 25, 2011 8:25 AM
Agent Omega wrote:It's clean, but why didn't you put a lip on the back bumper so it'd line up better with the skirts and front?

^This

http://www.facebook.com/slybai http://www.j-body.com http://www.j-body.org http://www.gmclubofontario.com
Monday, April 25, 2011 8:27 AM
I love that brickyard thank god i found two for my cavs

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Monday, April 25, 2011 8:40 AM
Agent Omega wrote:It's clean, but why didn't you put a lip on the back bumper so it'd line up better with the skirts and front?

Thats the previous owner's doing

Monday, April 25, 2011 12:07 PM
LS Sport or for some the 03-05 Rear Bumper would look mint on there

Monday, April 25, 2011 12:41 PM
gertrude makes me miss my sedan, sold mine last year

WI Vehicle A/C Certified Tech
Monday, April 25, 2011 10:18 PM
as Mike stated, the previous owner did the front bumper bc he found it on a Cav that just came into the junkyard as he was leaving, and from what I remember, it happened to be silver lol.. I bought this car for SynthAngel so she'd have something to drive when she moved here, as well as having a daily driver until the Black Pearl is back on the road. the only things I've really done to it were the coilovers and wheels.

Mike, if you want the tails, you need to talk to Justine about that. I promised her I'd try to keep it local when I sell it and I wouldn't part it out. as it stands, when I sell it, I'm taking my suspension and wheels back off, as well as keeping the headlights since Kris made those. I don't think she'd mind the tails going to a fellow Florida J member tho

like I said, this car will be for sale as soon as her replacement is road legal. if it doesn't sell locally, I will have to do what I can to get it gone.. so at some point, you might see it in the classifieds. and for the new car, I'll proceed with the same plans I had for this one

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:46 AM
Mike, I think the way they are wired, it would be more of a headache for him to remove and re-fit new wiring for stockers. They're wired into the 3rd brake light which has that safety feature thingy w the 'warning flash' in it.
Good luck w the sale Ev, Gert is a good ol girl, I remember Eco swapping her in my backyard!

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:51 PM
oh yeah i forgot about that jhand! good thinking, i guess ill just continue my search lol

I cant believe that car still has my old fart can on it, it sounded so good!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:22 PM
aww Gerty. I'm gonna miss her. I only got to driver her a few times, and she may be a rabbit murderer and have an attitude problem, I still love her and have some wonderful memories with the old girl in the past few months...

but damn is the new 'fire gonna be sexy lol

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:18 PM
reminds me of phlatcav.. looking good.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:27 PM
thanks phewes

yea, from what Gil was telling me, he wired the Toyos before there was even a how-to on here. he had to figure it all out himself lol.. gotta give the kid credit where it'd due, thats for sure

I like the exhaust, so good call on the fartcan, Mike

just throwing it out there... when it goes up for sale, $1200 for it back on steelies, $1500 with my 95-99 Z24 wheels and Falken tires (205/45/16... yes, 45s on 16s lol). tires on steelies are like new, tires on Z wheels have less than 5k on them. like I said, the JBO community gets first dibs

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:15 AM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:yea, from what Gil was telling me, he wired the Toyos before there was even a how-to on here. he had to figure it all out himself lol.. gotta give the kid credit where it'd due, thats for sure
Yup that's true!

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:53 AM
wow good price!!

Too bad I just got a eclipse spyder.

oh well

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:01 PM
Had I not bought the Scoobi, I'd be flyin down in a jiffy for Gert, you know that!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:12 PM
fawk id love to have that sedan! i got enough parts lying around haha

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:06 PM
heh, thanks guys. I figured it was a decent price, as I'm not going for profit. 1500 is about wha it's gonna cost to get the new sedan, get it fixed and tagged.. just wanna break even

AZN, you're in Cali, right? and yea, you have plenty of parts to make it look the way I wanted to

Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:31 AM
If things change let me know! But its sexy as hell, and If my girl didnt get her vert, I would seriously tell her to pick this up. I wouldnt care if it was back on stockers with a stock suspension. And for the price, jeez if you didnt live so far I would be all over it, if I had the cash that is lol

Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:54 AM
yup out here in cali

Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:12 AM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:If things change let me know! But its sexy as hell, and If my girl didnt get her vert, I would seriously tell her to pick this up. I wouldnt care if it was back on stockers with a stock suspension. And for the price, jeez if you didnt live so far I would be all over it, if I had the cash that is lol

Not too far of a drive :p I can make it in 1 1/2 days!

Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:35 PM
Chuckles2002 wrote:
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:If things change let me know! But its sexy as hell, and If my girl didnt get her vert, I would seriously tell her to pick this up. I wouldnt care if it was back on stockers with a stock suspension. And for the price, jeez if you didnt live so far I would be all over it, if I had the cash that is lol

Not too far of a drive :p I can make it in 1 1/2 days!

Yes, but ur also on the south side of Indiana too :p

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search