10th anniversary special: a look back at (tabs) - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
10th anniversary special: a look back at (tabs)
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:53 PM
well as it would be, today marks the 10th anniversary of me being in the J scene so i thought i would post a look back on the different cars i've owned and the looks they've had. sadly, most of my first car's pics have been lost to fried hard drives, but here are a few that i do have:

started out as a stock 97z. soon after i added racing stripes and painted the accents white or red. hey, it was 2001...cut me some slack! circa 2001

then i switched it up by getting the first c/f ram air (other than teske's FI prototype hood) for a cavalier, made by class glass. added some splash graphics and bomex kit and dropped it on arospeed coils. ahhh...the good ol' days. circa 2002

soon after i decided to try this brand new idea that was floating around called a "cavfire" conversion, becoming the first cav on the .org with a sunfire front. true story. i started off with the rk hood and bumper, which looked delicious. circa 2003+

it went through many different face lifts and changes, including a stock front, rk streetfire, bomex, etc.

then i went ape@!#$ with it, cutting and hacking away, starting with an ill-conceived maltese cross taillight conversion

that didnt look right, so i went a much nicer route and tossed in some caddy tails. they looked soooo eeeeeevil at night

did some other custom work to it including a sliding rag top, lambos (hey, it was 2005!) and other misc stuff and then painted it two tone. sadly, the water pump went out and i hit some tough financial times and the poor thing never saw the road for action again

from there i bought another .orger's car, frank the tank.

i only had it for a few months before i traded it for my first drop top (and only sunfire), and ive been hooked on verts ever since.

tranny went out on the fire and i sold it back to the original owner and got a 99 2.2 cav as a dd. not a single thing was touched on it and it was eventually sold to a .orger's dad so i could get dtp's vert, my current car.

overall, i loved the red one most since it was my first and i learned most everything i know about cars by ripping it apart just to see what was inside, but ive had the most fun with the manta drop top.

anyway, thats my trip down memory lane. if anyone has any decent pics of the older cars, by all means post them up. enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:58 PM

Re: 10th anniversary special: a look back at (tabs)
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:57 PM

i love this picture. and this car. do want.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:08 PM

I like the vert more, but as usual, im biased

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:27 PM
loved the red car in many of its phases
dtps car looks great, hood dull tho? or is it just the pics

Thursday, April 21, 2011 12:25 AM
Nice pics. I'm partial to Cavfires so I do really like the last phase you had the red one in, at least with the way the front end was & all.. however, your latest Manta Vert is by far the cleanest & most visually appealing. You've done a nice job with it =]

Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:35 AM
I remember the red car. We met up and cruised to the 04 Bash together. Did your tranny come apart at the track at the 04 bash?

FU Tuning

Thursday, April 21, 2011 12:39 PM
Yeah, you have been around for a long time, didn't realize you were the same person as tabasco racing? if I remember correctly?

Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:20 PM
You J whore you.... lol. But I love it!

I dunno... I liked you cavfire with the rkhook and bumper but honestly I think I like your current the best. Thanks for posting this for us new .org members.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:37 PM
Awesome thread Ben! I remember when you posted all of those pics back in the day! Great work man!

Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:12 PM
Tabasco Racing and a Little Captian FTW.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:54 PM
love the pics in mountains. very very classy

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:47 PM
That red car is awesome! Love it... minus the se front but the phase after is gorgeous

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Friday, April 22, 2011 7:21 AM
thanks for the nice words guys. yeah, im tabasco. had that as my name on here for at least a year or more when i was transitioning between TR and (tabs), but it never ceases to amaze me how many people still dont know me as tabasco lol ahh well.

i wish i had more pics of the red and white car when it was complete in its stages (yes it happened for short times every now and then) but the HD crashes lost all but what was stored online, basically. so if anyone has any, share em up!

as far as the manta vert is concerned, i def like the urban pics, but i really like the scenic ones the best, esp the ones of it in the creek. i mean how many modded cars do you get to see playing in water?

Friday, April 22, 2011 7:50 AM
funny to see how the trends have changed. i think we all used to like the ricer look at one point haha. love the vert as always man they are a lot of fun.

Friday, April 22, 2011 11:11 AM
Wow you've had a lot of J's. Did the red car get parted out? I really liked the last phase of that one. Your current car is pretty slick too. I've always liked your vert and the pics you take.

Friday, April 22, 2011 2:32 PM
that sunroof is amazing!

Friday, April 22, 2011 9:01 PM
Nice history of things you have there.I def like the green ur cruizing now.Great pics.Now see if you can keep that nice lookin J as old as mine is.Love the photos and don't let the water rise too high water logger cav.Enjoyed!

Friday, April 22, 2011 10:20 PM
Man Ben, it crazy how us old farts been kicken here that last decade wow a decade I remember back in the day when there was no log in. Looking at these pics bring back memories I remember when you had that pic of the cady lights on at night ad your sig. My all time fav pics are when your in my home town of anderson and your car is infront of the wigwham and the anderson sign. I hate to say this but there is a bunch of us that is been here for a decade and are still loyal to the org through the good and the bad. and if anyone asks I've actualy been here longer than my register date I was just without a computer for a couple of years but I've been in a J since 1998. Also Ben I'm sorry that you had to put up with tha Jeffie when you lived in Indiana HA . Good luck with the Vert, and thanks guys for putting up with us old farts for the past DECADE. Mucho <3 bro.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Monday, April 25, 2011 7:33 AM
pfft.. haters. When are you coming back to Noblesville Jason? I thought you were gonna be here for something this summer?

Ben - I like several of the cars, but the manta vert is probably my favorite. These are some cool pics. I haven't seen all of them before.You always find cool places to take pics. I have a DSLR now, but nowhere to get any good pics. It sucks.

Monday, April 25, 2011 7:54 AM
car or cars in this instance have come a long way

current setup is win

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, April 25, 2011 1:14 PM
Ben, was it 2004 that I bought my Turbo Sport hood from Tabasco??

I had Tabasco Racing decals on my car for so long, people locally thought I was being funny since I'm Mexican.

Monday, April 25, 2011 2:54 PM
juicy: yep. you were the first one on the .org with it too. in fact, you were the first person anywhere with that hood...you got the #1 piece off the line. and yeah...i had a handful of people with TR vinyl on their cars. come to think of it....got any pics with that? i wouldnt mind saving a few oldies for posterity's sake.

karnage: pm me if you need any location info on where ive been in that area

torres: sliding rag tops are awesome!

spyder: you mean these?

thanks to everyone for the comments! a decade is a long time to be consistent on any forum, esp one that supports a dead platform! lol

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:35 AM
BACK CORNER windows. I only had the Small ones, you didn't have a Silver window banner at the time.

Right before I installed my body kit, end of March 2005
These are LITERALLY the last two pics of the car with factory bumpers.

I actually miss that look. Should've never kitted my car or bagged it. Oh well.

Those are what I found online, Think I got some close ups of the TR decals at home somewhere.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:52 AM
Ha Ben those are the ones, and Anderson is my birth town I actualy grew up in noblesville. And jeffie we are comming up sometime this summer to move my mom outa Muncie and get here down here to Texas. And James I have always liked the stock look to but the looks good now too. And I love the manta green cavy vert the best but it was always fun trying to figure out what you were going to come up with, and I remember everyone wanted that hood. Man those where the days. Ha you need to come down to Texas Ben I think you would love it here.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:28 AM
thanks man. im down here in va looking for a job now. if that doesnt work out, then maybe i'll pop up in tx...or cali...or who knows...lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search