Project: Drop Top - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Project: Drop Top
Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:31 PM
well i got this crazy idea to wanna make my car a drop top. i no i no its a big deal to make a 2dr coupe into a vert. so i kept thinking and thinking and came up with the next best thing!

well thats right i bout Paul's vert! So heres my crazy plan change everything over from my 05 to the 99. bodykit, hood, trunk, interior, blower, rims, airride etc. will be switched. let me know what u guys think of this lil project haha. heres some pix of the 99 and 05 side by side.

Re: Project: Drop Top
Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:42 PM
good idea will you be the first with that kit on a vert?

Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:42 PM
This could be very interesting...
Now is the blue one auto or 5 speed?

Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:46 PM
LarryMartin830 wrote:good idea will you be the first with that kit on a vert?

thats kinda the idea. wanna b different than the other guys with the xtreme tuner kit lol.

gtpsunfire wrote:This could be very interesting...
Now is the blue one auto or 5 speed?

blue ones a 5spd. vert is an auto. but might end up making it a 5spd as well. oh and the vert will eventually be blue as well haha

Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:47 PM
I sat in that vert.

Legendary Bash Veteran
Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:53 PM
Kevin Richter wrote:I sat in that vert.

its been around haha

Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:01 PM
Nice project man, Im not sure if I would go through with the trouble but I'm sure it will turn out sweet

Why not just chop up the blue one, save time and money maybe? But whats the fun in that right? hahaa

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:04 PM
leave the bule one as is and pimp the vert

Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:06 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Nice project man, Im not sure if I would go through with the trouble but I'm sure it will turn out sweet

Why not just chop up the blue one, save time and money maybe? But whats the fun in that right? hahaa

haha ya. well i thought it would be way more trouble to make mine a vert. especially with a top and all. way too much money. i dont want a roadster. i will drive this thing even in the rain lol.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:17 PM
man i dont know... that just seems like a TON of work just for the vert aspect. i dont know much about cav verts but is it power? if not is there a way to make yours a vert but find a way to set it up to be powered? i mean your talking tons of paint. and probably some body work. and if its worth it to you go for it... id be on the fence for sure...

Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:18 PM
so the question is.. being a vert, will it be faster?

but kyle, i ur love ur car, hate to see it change man but it should be tits as a vert too

Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:37 PM
maxZ24 wrote:leave the bule one as is and pimp the vert

this. there were a few extreme tuner kits in the classifieds recently, if i were you i would snag one up and have TWO cars with them.

hey those are my door panels and dash pad!!!

Every time I scream "Release", I mean it, you know it. I feel the day. Black 7.
Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:38 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:man i dont know... that just seems like a TON of work just for the vert aspect. i dont know much about cav verts but is it power? if not is there a way to make yours a vert but find a way to set it up to be powered? i mean your talking tons of paint. and probably some body work. and if its worth it to you go for it... id be on the fence for sure...

ya i know its gonna b alot of work. but its all about being more of a show car and stuff. doing something different and something noone has done. and yes it is all power. the blue one is a 1sv no options so the vert is kinda an upgrade lol

Stephen (manta z) wrote:so the question is.. being a vert, will it be faster?

but kyle, i ur love ur car, hate to see it change man but it should be tits as a vert too

haha doubt it. but its supercharged not meant 2 b fast haha. thanks stephen but i wont get rid of the 05. might turbo it just for the heck of it haha. i just need a fast one and one to show lol.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:40 PM
z yaaaa wrote:

this. there were a few extreme tuner kits in the classifieds recently, if i were you i would snag one up and have TWO cars with them.

hey those are my door panels and dash pad!!!

oh ive had another tuner kit laying around since like 07 haha. both will have the kit

Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:48 PM
ou wont look right in a vertable

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Sunday, August 16, 2009 6:23 PM
your about to make my J body dream car...

Sunday, August 16, 2009 6:29 PM
Oh. My. God. Thats going to be the sexiest vert ever if you go through with it! If not, I'd say throw on your extra extreme tuner kit, nice suspension and wheels and some fresh paint and call it a day... either way, best of luck with it!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Sunday, August 16, 2009 6:48 PM
Matt Gorman(ECOjunkkcurse) wrote:ou wont look right in a vertable

haha it is different

Gary Frank wrote:your about to make my J body dream car...

haha ur welcome!

98z24ragtop wrote:Oh. My. God. Thats going to be the sexiest vert ever if you go through with it! If not, I'd say throw on your extra extreme tuner kit, nice suspension and wheels and some fresh paint and call it a day... either way, best of luck with it!

yes i think so! if plans fall through ill just make it look more like an 03-05 and put my d-specs and goldlines on it with some nice wheels. change the rear bumper and maybe dash and wheel. its not gonna b done quick lol.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:07 PM

^^X2

!pıɐן ʇǝƃ oʇ pǝǝu noʎ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
-_-_-_-JCO EastSiderZ-_-_-_-
Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:08 PM

I drove it

Cant imagine it would be any faster, being that it's heavier and the chassis is much softer.

But an extreme tuner kit on a vert would be awesome.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:32 PM
i dig it

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:37 PM
I love your car so much but i think if you painted the vert i would love it. I think you will regret doing everything if you don't do a 5 speed swap tbh... but i am digging your plans over all.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:36 PM
idk i say leave the 05 the way it is its already sexy and good to go. go out and get stuff for the vert and make it look just as good as the 05

Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:50 PM
yay! glad to see it went to a good home!

youre gonna love it! drop tops are so much more fun...i wouldnt be surprised to see everything get swapped over from the coupe

Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:04 PM

I balanced the tires on that vert

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search