This is a Sacrilege..... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
This is a Sacrilege.....
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:48 PM
Found these on CarDomain's latest HIN event. At first I had no idea what it was, then the IF front screamed at me. Wow, and it even looks like the roof was chopped like the Lowrider Camry from last year's SEMA show (google it). And some sort of headlight swap too (maybe Accord???) so yeah, here it is in all of its glory....er... embarassment...

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter

Re: This is a Sacrilege.....
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:54 PM
Wow, I think that is the example of modding gone wrong. Or at least not knowing when to stop.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:00 PM
I like it. Its cool how the skeleton theme makes it into so many parts of the car. I'd like to see it in person and see the quality of the work though. Definitly pretty crazy. Any more pictures?

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:02 PM
I have to say, I hate it.

However, I can't trash it, because although it's not my taste at all, from the pics, it looks like everything was done quality. Just because it's not my taste, doesn't mean I can't appreciate when things are done right.

I would bet Jason McDaniel loves it.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:07 PM
Quality? Im guessing you missed the overspray.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:12 PM
heres the link the the 'Domain gallery
i started it on page 3 b/c thats where the 2 other (rather insignificant) pictures are. (2nd to last row, can't miss 'em)

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:14 PM
Bagged Base Coupe (Tinkles) wrote:Quality? Im guessing you missed the overspray.

If you're talking about the IC, I was looking at that, but I wasn't convinced it was overspray. I actually think it might just be a light coat of color on there. It looks like the bumper support is properly sprayed, with clear. I can't imagine that they accidentally got that well and only got a little on the IC. Personally, I would have hit both with flat black, and put some mesh in there, but it almost looks to me like they just wanted more orange.

Again, I hate it, but it looks like a lot of time and effort went into the car.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:32 PM
quality or not. its fugly!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:47 PM
02 redbadged wrote:quality or not. its fugly!

x2
quality or not..it was still done in bad taste for the most part..the color scheme is dreadful

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:37 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:
02 redbadged wrote:quality or not. its fugly!

x2
quality or not..it was still done in bad taste for the most part..the color scheme is dreadful

yesh x3...... who ever built this car should be shot. i almost want to throw up.

"still want to smash that like the fist of an angry god"
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:48 PM
Horrible. I don't get the notion that everyone thinks show cars have to be ugly.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 10:29 PM
definitely not my style but i like the work. I would like to see the car in person to fully bash it or admire it, but nonetheless you have to admire all the hours and work that were probably put into this car.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:07 AM
perfect example of not knowing when to stop...

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 6:18 AM
personally... i like how the airbrushing was continued into the fender well.

failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:22 AM
Nice work with the airbrush. But over all I hate it!!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:26 AM
lol just goes to show you how most of the people know nothing about show cars.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:12 AM
Waste of an IF front.

Other than that, @!#$ it.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:48 AM
De Lara (Cortana) wrote:perfect example of not knowing when to stop...

x2

reminds me of the one guy with the green vert that is .......blah
i wonder if hes redoing it again?

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:42 PM
its got some issues that take its quality down. not what i'd build but not horrible. it is what it is a full time show car. one thing some people dont realise is the over the top cars like that (that are winning not saying this one is) are also the ones that take home cash from big shows like that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:24 PM
It's Dr. Roxo's car. He does ca ca ca cocaine..

Seriously though..

The interior and exterior don't flow with each other at all. I'm not a huge fan of the paint job.. but the car could've been saved, had the interior not been a complete eyesore.

Work quality looks great.. it's a shame..

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:06 PM
if it were one theme carried out the whole thing, it would be cool. but mixing 10-15 different themes and colors together kills it for me

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:33 PM
wow IMO thats alot of work, time and money wasted

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:02 PM
t2 wrote:...reminds me of the one guy with the green vert that is .......blah
i wonder if hes redoing it again?

Are you talking about Seamless? If so, where the f&$k have you been? He redid it over last winter, and it's bright orange now. Search this forum for "seamless", and you'll find the build thread. Another car that had a lot of quality work, but lost something in the attention to final details.

Friday, October 24, 2008 2:37 PM
really its not sacrileges if thats what you do, its a Car show, where the idea is to Mod, paint, show off you work to win things, i am sure that car never sees the road its probably trailered in and out of every were it goes, sure you guys may not like it but i am sure the owner dose'nt care that much, i mean they could say the thing about every one here, who the hell puts money/mods into a Fwd cavalier thats a waste of time....

Friday, October 24, 2008 8:16 PM
Just think about what could have been done to that car in the right persons hands with the amount of money put into it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, October 24, 2008 8:16 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search