yet another box..... 56k should be ok. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
yet another box..... 56k should be ok.
Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:51 PM
well here we go guys.

i have been told these have been on back order for almost a year, well i found a member with one floating around, new never installed. asking 200 plus shipping. reveived it tonight while i was at work, came home and was like a child on christmas... hahaha. as soon as i get home from class tommarow i am diving in. i will keep everyone posted.

Re: yet another box..... 56k should be ok.
Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:07 PM
nice....

"If you have no clue what's going on... STFU!"
Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:10 PM
Damn you! I want one! You putting it in catless?

Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:16 PM
i plan on holding off on the test tube till this high flow cat dies, then i can justify it, but the cats not a year old... so i cant justify it.

the one problem i have is the manifold didnt come with any instructions... so does anyone have them handy from theirs with torq specs n such?

if not i will go back with stock specs, just wanted to ask.

Friday, August 22, 2008 6:04 AM
that died quickly....

Friday, August 22, 2008 6:09 AM
LOL i was looking at your front end going 'eh.. bud, that header is for a 2.4 twin cam, not the l61 ecotec." i then said hmmmmm lets check his profile and sure enough, 01 z.

nice find, ive always wanted one. hows the quality?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, August 22, 2008 6:10 AM

Friday, August 22, 2008 6:11 AM
Very nice. My friend mike wants one of those, I never saw a 4-2-1 dc sports header before nice pick up.

Friday, August 22, 2008 9:47 AM
z yaaaa wrote:LOL i was looking at your front end going 'eh.. bud, that header is for a 2.4 twin cam, not the l61 ecotec." i then said hmmmmm lets check his profile and sure enough, 01 z.

nice find, ive always wanted one. hows the quality?

You should just think for a minute there Brad...yeah mine may have an eco and look like an 03+ but low and behold, built in May of 01 according to the door sticker.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Friday, August 22, 2008 9:55 AM
looks like a nice setup

Friday, August 22, 2008 10:07 AM
^^ my favorite header.

Let us know when you're ready to sell.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Friday, August 22, 2008 10:45 AM
I think the dc is the best quality header for the ld9. Ceramic coated, o-ringed downpipe flange, and I beieve its the only ld9 header that doesnt use the ball and socket style flange for the downpipe. I want one!

Friday, August 22, 2008 2:36 PM
i got her on, and of course the butt dyno is always gonna rule as a big difference, a freind of mine is on the way over to compare from before/after. just a little 1st/2nd gear. she sounds a hell of alot better, it does have a wisstle sound to it, almost like a leak. but i threw her up on the rack, and didnt hear anything from front to back with somone hitting the gas. so i donno. maybe just goes with the header.

Friday, August 22, 2008 5:16 PM
Nice man.
Unlike the Pacesetter for the LD9, this DC looks like equal length primarie with a nice 4-2-1 progression.
Too bad you couldn't get a dyno of a before and after run.
Keep us up to date with this.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, August 22, 2008 6:04 PM
Mastin wrote:^^ my favorite header.

Let us know when you're ready to sell.

-M

HAHAHAHA!!!!

and too think ive been wanting to ask if you'd sell YOURS!

Saturday, August 23, 2008 10:52 PM
beautiful! install pics?

LOOKING FOR A CHEAP J-BODY
Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:24 PM
icemike89 wrote:I think the dc is the best quality header for the ld9. Ceramic coated, o-ringed downpipe flange, and I beieve its the only ld9 header that doesnt use the ball and socket style flange for the downpipe. I want one!

I have one in my garage...... it could use a larger secondary, and larger diameter collector/race pipe...... but over all, a pretty good header. Looks a lot like the Stan's (Bill's Isuzu Performance) header, and the GM 4-2-1 Quad 4 header.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:21 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:
icemike89 wrote:I think the dc is the best quality header for the ld9. Ceramic coated, o-ringed downpipe flange, and I beieve its the only ld9 header that doesnt use the ball and socket style flange for the downpipe. I want one!

I have one in my garage...... it could use a larger secondary, and larger diameter collector/race pipe...... but over all, a pretty good header. Looks a lot like the Stan's (Bill's Isuzu Performance) header, and the GM 4-2-1 Quad 4 header.

Pm sent

Any install pics? I realy think I wana ditch my stans and get a dc, then I can say Ive pretty much tried every style ld9 header haha.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:30 AM
that looks a hell of a lot nicer then the crusty pacesetter on my car. I agree with the above, dyno numbers would be great. Whats the verdict on the butt dyno?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:00 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

I have one and it works very well with the supercharger. I agree with Brian as I think it needs a larger secondary section ( both length and diameter ). I am thinking about making one this winter or just go with a large tube 4-1 header with 3" downpipe

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LD9 for Life
Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:32 PM
sweet set up bro , the whistle noise like a leak you hear, may just be the header, i have the same noise; my header has been on my 2200 for a few years now, so my bolts may have backed off a bit, but it may just be the noise of the header as yours is freshly installed.
I also find the noise i can hear more with my summer hood(invader) as it has the vent where you can hear more engine noise.
Anyhow sweet system....

98 j-body sedan

Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:42 PM
yeah. that turbosport hood has that vent sitting right above the back of the motor.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search