very crappy day for the sunfire - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
very crappy day for the sunfire
Monday, July 07, 2008 6:16 AM
soo i was on my back from clearwater working on our new house, and i was coming up to a green light northbound on 19 by continental road im about 15 cars back the light had just turned green so i do the normal coast to slow down thing at the light and everybody started to speed back up so i was just about to hit the gas when i see this 2009 camry slam on her brakes soo bad they lock up and i slam into her rear, her bumper was laying on my hood, i even locked up my brakes and yanked the ebrake, so now the @!#$ stupid ass state trooper gave me a careless driving ticket even tho the lady i hit said it was her fault, i hit her from behind so it dosent matter.

the pics dont seem that bad but i cant open the hood and alot of stuff needs to be replaced and it is woser than it looks in the pics trust me this car was perfect till now

and now both headlights are broke, corner lights smashed, missing a fog lights broke the other one, broke the grill,bumper, hood latch,and the hood is bent at the front with a kink in the middle along with the side of the fenders

Re: very crappy day for the sunfire
Monday, July 07, 2008 6:18 AM
general / jacked, wrecked, sold.

Monday, July 07, 2008 6:33 AM
Ouch that sucks. I feel your pain man. I had a kid pull out in front of me in my previous Sunfire, but since I rear ended him it was automatically my fault. I ended up getting a ticket for "following to closely" even tho I wasn't following him at all. The kid's truck wasn't damaged at all (his hitch took the hit), but my car was totaled.

Monday, July 07, 2008 7:51 AM
That sucks. My car looks just like that right now, cept for my windshield is smashed from the airbags going off

Monday, July 07, 2008 8:22 AM
Damn man, I feel your pain..Good luck getting her back to perfection!

Monday, July 07, 2008 10:45 AM
That sucks to hear bro, but never pull the e-brake to slow down. It will make you go farther then you would if you just let off the brakes then try again. If you ever lock up back off cause sliding doesn't help you it hurts you. I'm not being as ass, but just wanted to let you know in cause you didn't know. Good luck on trying to get everything fixed.

Monday, July 07, 2008 10:55 AM
can i have ur side markers and possible headlights???

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Monday, July 07, 2008 4:56 PM
Never use the e brake as a tool avoid an accident, that why we have abs and Proportioning Valves. The only time you should touch the e brake when the car is moving is if you lose all brakes and have no other option. Im surprised the e brake cable did not snap. Suck for your luck though. I almost had the same thing happen to me a few months back. A suv lost control right in front of me and if i didnt have abs or forgot to steer out of the way my car would be toast right now. Lucky for you your damage looks all cosmetic. should be easy to fix. Dont even call the insurance, a bumper and a few headlights later you'll be back on the road. good luck get her beautiful again.

CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/id/TMald123
Monday, July 07, 2008 8:15 PM
Bro that sucks big time. Its all good though cause now you can get a body kit and CF Hood. After all we are identical j's and those are my next up grades. Sorry to hear about your accident man but its gonna be ok.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 8:01 PM
well i know never pull the ebrake but when the abs never worked and i had no time to pump the brakes i was @!#$, abs has never really worked in my car, kinda wierd huh
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:41 AM
You sure you just so happened to be one of the J's like me who's sunfire didn't come equipped with abs? Just out of curiosity what kind of rotors where you running at the time?

Thursday, July 10, 2008 4:38 AM
im pretty sure i dont have abs after this episode never came across my mind until now, and i had stock brakes so after body shop thats the next upgrade
Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:17 AM
Sucks to hear. It is FL law if you rearend someone you get the ticket, but you can fight it. Since the lady claimed it is her fault I would fight it.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search