still hate ported.... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
still hate ported....
Sunday, July 06, 2008 8:55 PM
Hey,
Haven't posted on here much letely, not much goin on, but this weekend I made a new sub box, did a little wiring (kinda) and got a pic of my carputer.

First off, the new box is ported and at right about 2 cubes (net) and tuned to about 32 hz.
My first impressions are that I hate it. Never really like ported but i figured i'd give it a shot and see if i liked it with this sub.
I'm gonna roll with it for a little and see if I still feel that way. If so i'll either try to sell it or make it sealed by screwing a piece of wood over the port or moving the side over to make it sealed..

I also bought one of harbor freight's trim routers, on sale for $20, and an $8 set of bits and used it to do the roundovers and to cut the hole for the sub. Worked pretty good for $28 worth of tool.
I made a circle jig for it outta particle board, worked perfect.

I also connected the grounds of some switches for better looks, cleaner install. I'll prolly get crap for having so many switches but i figured it's easier to cut one off later then to have to add one later.

And finally, I got the mount for my carputer screen aligned and painted how i wanted it so I shot a pic of it.

C&C welcome.

-Seth

Re: still hate ported....
Sunday, July 06, 2008 8:59 PM
all i liked was the carputer, that thing is hawt

Sunday, July 06, 2008 9:09 PM
What Software are you running on your carputer? I got aggravated with all the crap i downloaded and just run XP and WMP.

Sunday, July 06, 2008 9:09 PM
lol
thanks man

-Seth

Sunday, July 06, 2008 9:15 PM
Chazz with the Asian(SpyWiz) wrote:What Software are you running on your carputer? I got aggravated with all the crap i downloaded and just run XP and WMP.
I've got XP with Road Runner front end and the Simplistique skin. I've been out of the loop for so long that i don't remember how to get lots of the stuff workin. All i have workin right now is the music but i'd like to get video, internet, and gps running sooner or later.

-Seth

Monday, July 07, 2008 5:39 PM
if you don't like the box, I got a trunk it can go in

Nice choice on the FE for the puter... looking like that's the route I'm also going to go since Linux ICE isn't being worked on too quickly.

Monday, July 07, 2008 6:44 PM
lol
I'm still debating. I'm gonna mess with my setting some more and see what i can get to happen.

Ya, i'm pretty happy with that particular FE. Some things about it that annoy me but i don't have the urge to take the time and find another one.

-Seth

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search