first time pix of project - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
first time pix of project
Saturday, December 01, 2007 8:19 PM
so this is my first time posting pix of my car on here. its a 1999 cavlalier i got from a repo auction. is a bottom of the line base model. power nothing, 5-spd, used to have unpainted bumpers. came with the 2200 ln2 with only 66k on it in april of 2006. the car now has appox 90k on it. the motor was donated to my daily driver sunfire after i aquired a twin cam off my teacher from school. my PLAN is to swap the twin cam into my cavalier and much more. C&C welcome. hope you enjoy...........

Re: first time pix of project
Saturday, December 01, 2007 8:20 PM
that looks like a good time. good luck on the build

Saturday, December 01, 2007 9:20 PM
Nice, might as well build the motor up while its out

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Saturday, December 01, 2007 9:21 PM
Looks like you have a project there. Since you already have the engine apart now would be the time to look into doing the secret cams or any forged internals if you think you will one day need them.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Saturday, December 01, 2007 11:44 PM
Good luck with the project, keep us updated.
Not sure ifyou realize, but you will need to swap trannies aswell, that one wont bolt to the 2.4.

Sunday, December 02, 2007 12:00 AM
im pretty new on the site as far as posting is concerned. but for about a year ive been on this site browsing random pages trying to learn anything and everything that i can. and if things go the way i plan, i will be needing forged internals. unless i missed something in my reading . but none the less i do plan on giving it a decent amount of boost, but nothing crazy. and yes im aware of the transmission, im gonna go ahead and swap the old getrag in it seeing as to its pretty much a straight bolt-in. but thanx for lookin out. but ill def keep up to date as much as possible. im sure ill have alot of questions for you guys, so be prepared
Sunday, December 02, 2007 9:21 AM
that is quite the pick up you have there, pretty damn clean also. good luck w/ the build man.

Sunday, December 02, 2007 9:36 AM
Looks like alot of work. I'd swap a v6 in there, it's nearly the same amount of work.

660 powered sunfire
Sunday, December 02, 2007 1:58 PM
a v-6? nah no way. its way more funnier getting beat by a 4 cyl cavalier. and alot cleaner looking in an engine bay as well
Sunday, December 02, 2007 5:20 PM
justin stinespring wrote:a v-6? nah no way. its way more funnier getting beat by a 4 cyl cavalier. and alot cleaner looking in an engine bay as well[/quote

I dunno about that, I would say this looks pretty clean in there

Sunday, December 02, 2007 7:32 PM
darren you must really miss my car eh? anytime you get a chance, your throwing pics up like its your own... and you keep beating me too it damn you lol

My 3400 Swap Page

Sunday, December 02, 2007 9:07 PM
wow i gotta say. thats alot more room than i thought would be in there. that a very good install
Sunday, December 02, 2007 9:37 PM
Why thank you
And yes Nick, I miss your car! lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search