Rainy day, new steering wheel cover - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rainy day, new steering wheel cover
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:13 AM
Just a couple of pics. First is of my car considering its reflection is a puddle, with the trees in the background thrown back before its greatness. The second is showing what is actually my second leather wheel cover from Wheelskins. The first one didn't match my interior, so I got color samples and picked this one out instead. Black and charcoal, with red stitching to match my seats. I managed to get the stitching far more like a factory-look this time, with a baseball stitch. I'd recommend these covers to anyone with a bit of patience. Mine took a couple of hours to install.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:32 AM

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com

Re: Rainy day, new wheel cover
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:14 AM
Wheel cover looks awesome, ditch the ghey floormats though
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:18 AM
STYLEZ wrote:Wheel cover looks awesome, ditch the ghey floormats though

Believe it or not, the ghey matts match my interior better than anything else I've seen -- so they're staying for a while.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:27 AM
I like the cover.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:43 AM
wow... VERY nice wheel cover.

the pic in the reflection looks absolutly amazing! i love it! i thought u put sportlines on ur car? how come it doesnt look much lower?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:44 AM

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:53 AM
z yaaaa wrote:i thought u put sportlines on ur car? how come it doesnt look much lower?

I did. I believe the height is correct, so all I can figure is that the undersized tires and lack of body kit are making it look high.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 9:28 AM
Another shot of the cover, now that I have some daylight. I just noticed the the top portion is a bit uneven. I'll try to nudge it over to the left side a bit once it stretches and loosens up. I just love the feel of this thing too. You can tell it's not just another slip-over cover that came free with an oil change. It seems like it's part of the wheel, and like it belongs there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 04, 2007 9:35 AM

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:08 PM
A wheel cover that doesn't suck, way to go man. Looks like the effort was worth it.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:21 PM
the pic of ur car is sweet man.. the wheel cover looks good too..

----------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:08 PM
it looks high cuase of the wrong size tires......

z24 bumpers/sides or a lip kit and its golden... .body kits are out

15.1@90.34mph
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:54 PM
-dougall- wrote:.body kits are out

why do you always insist on saying things like this? You realy make yourself out to be a stuck up, narrow minded tool....

ANYWAY... the cover actualy does look nice, you gotta get some tires of the right size though!

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:07 PM
Car looks good.. reminds me of how I started with mine and it looks similar to yours.

My old 95 2200 5spd.

RIP: 1995-2006

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:13 PM
JLAudioCavalier(1bad02cav) wrote:
-dougall- wrote:.body kits are out

why do you always insist on saying things like this? You realy make yourself out to be a stuck up, narrow minded tool....

ANYWAY... the cover actualy does look nice, you gotta get some tires of the right size though!

I also think that the majority of body kits ruin cars. People get a body kit simply to "get a body kit" without actually predicting what it will look like on the car. Lip kits and other things that add a nice tasteful look are much more practical and don't look like the big mouth billy bass special edition cavalier.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:16 PM
I pretty much agree with Dougal on this one. I've ruled out any full-blown body kit, because:
a) They instantly label you a teen punk -- at least they would in my redneck conservative retirement town. I'm gettting to old for that.
b) I'd probably tear most of it off while navigating the first good-sized curb or pothole. Hell, my driveway has a gutter that makes me slow to a crawl as it is.
c) As a rule, I think they're ugly.

I'm definitely keeping a lookout for some Z24 pieces or a lip kit. I just need money. Same story on the tires -- they look a bit odd, but I can't afford to replace them. So they can just keep looking odd until they wear out.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:33 PM
both of you make great points, and i like the direction you are taking your car!

My point wasnt so much to defend people who buy body kits, as much as it was to simply say that dougall seemed to generalize and be an ass about it.
I agree(hence me having a lip kit, not a body kit) with all of you on that! but some cars do look good with body kits, and some people do put thought into it and dont just hit ebay for a 150 dolar body kit and some 25 dolar coil overs lol.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:54 PM

what your car should look like

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 6:08 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:what your car should look like

No fair -- you get an extra inch of rubber on those 17" rims. I think your car might even be sitting a hair lower than mine too.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 6:12 PM
Geeky wrote:
Wrench Monkey wrote:what your car should look like

No fair -- you get an extra inch of rubber on those 17" rims. I think your car might even be sitting a hair lower than mine too.

they are older springs so they prolly settled

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 6:48 PM
eh

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:00 PM
sunfiresam wrote:eh

Careful, or the Americans will think we're speaking in code.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search