Another update - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another update
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:46 AM
Well since no one is building turbo headers for a 3800 that is installed into a cavalier we just had to make our own. Here are some pics of the work we got done last night, still have to grind down the welds and double check everything but so far so good. Tonight it will be onto to building the crossover pipe and mounting the turbo, here are some pics.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132

Re: Another update
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:53 AM
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 6:27 AM
looking good james.. cant wait to see your car at the track or on the street this summer

Street Lethal Concepts 07
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 6:34 AM
Sweet, I may of missed it but are you taking off the charger since ur goin turbo now?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 6:48 AM
you could have a nice business selling v6 headers is you wanted to. i know a few people who would want them. not just the turbo headers either.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:21 AM
Just woundering why your turbo charging it? Becuase the supercharger that comes with the 3800 supercharged you can get 400 horse out of it. Also the supercharger out of a series 3 3800 is bigger then the series 2 supercharger.. if you just put a 2" pulley, intercooler, and headers . then it would be around 400 horse. Would be alot cheaper then going the turbo way. just sayin tho
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:53 AM
Bluecavalier426 wrote:Just woundering why your turbo charging it? Becuase the supercharger that comes with the 3800 supercharged you can get 400 horse out of it. Also the supercharger out of a series 3 3800 is bigger then the series 2 supercharger.. if you just put a 2" pulley, intercooler, and headers . then it would be around 400 horse. Would be alot cheaper then going the turbo way. just sayin tho

Been there and done that. 400hp is just not enough.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:54 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Sweet, I may of missed it but are you taking off the charger since ur goin turbo now?

Yup, my M90 supercharger and intercooler are for sale now, any takers?

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:20 AM
those look great! nice work

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:35 AM
Damn those headers look sweet! Ever think about making some longtubes for our LS1 fans?

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:46 AM
those headers look amazing raven. very nice work.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:56 AM
wow.....HAWT!!!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 9:02 AM
Thanks guys, I was a little worried before we started about how they would come out but I'm happy with them.

BlackyK wrote:Damn those headers look sweet! Ever think about making some longtubes for our LS1 fans?

I actually ordered quite a bit of stock and have enough left for about 5 or 6 sets of 4cyl headers. We are planning on fabbing up something for the Cobalt guys in the very near future.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 9:22 AM
Wow that is amazing dude. Great job looking forward to seeing more of that car.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:13 AM
BlackyK wrote:Damn those headers look sweet! Ever think about making some longtubes for our LS1 fans?

Yeah, we will have to pull my LSJ in and start fabbing i guess.

Nice work there James

Now Boosted...rockin 2007 cobalt ss supercharged!!!!

My cardomain site
doublez@eastlink.ca
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:27 AM
Doublezed wrote:

Nice work there James

lol...I was kind of counting on it.

And they wouldn't look that way without the help from Jeff, the new bandsaw, and of course the hour worth of welding that you did on them. Your definitly the king of penitration.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:57 AM
Bluecavalier426 wrote:Just woundering why your turbo charging it? Becuase the supercharger that comes with the 3800 supercharged you can get 400 horse out of it. Also the supercharger out of a series 3 3800 is bigger then the series 2 supercharger.. if you just put a 2" pulley, intercooler, and headers . then it would be around 400 horse. Would be alot cheaper then going the turbo way. just sayin tho

Roots style blowers suck when compared with centrifugal superchargers and turbo's. They are just too inefficient. They are subject to a lot of heat which leads to KR and other things. If you wanted to get real technical you could say that roots blowers don't compress the air, the simply stack it on top of its self inside of the manifold. So in the long run turbo is definately the way to go. They have a GTP in the 9's for sure and nearly breaking 8's if I remember correctly with a turbo set up.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 4:25 PM
* at half mast........cant wait to see the finished project.....nice!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:12 PM
Kind of a frustrating night, found out that there is just not going to be enough room to run the 3.5" downpipe in the location I wanted to. Going to have to bring it up and over the rear valve cover and then down the firewall, not sure how this is going to look but we'll figure something out. Here is a pic I just took before I start to clean up, going to call it a night and finnish it up tomorrow.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:21 PM
Looks purdy... check ur celly

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:23 PM
raven wrote:
Doublezed wrote:

Nice work there James

And they wouldn't look that way without the help from Jeff, the new bandsaw, and of course the hour worth of welding that you did on them. Your definitly the king of penitration.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Brad gets OWNED

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 9:01 PM
Wow...

Just curious, why do you need a 3.5 inch downpipe? There are a few 500-600hp cars around here only running a 3 inch downpipe.

Thursday, April 05, 2007 4:39 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:Wow...

Just curious, why do you need a 3.5 inch downpipe? There are a few 500-600hp cars around here only running a 3 inch downpipe.

The v-band flange out of the turbo is 3 5/8" so you have to run 3.5" out of the turbo anyway. The guys at percision custom built my turbo and that is what they are saying I need for best flow. Plan is to run 3.5" down to a cut out then into a flex pipe and then reduced down to 3" this way I can run a straight 3.5" dump at the track.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Thursday, April 05, 2007 6:40 AM
Isaak wrote:
raven wrote:
Doublezed wrote:

Nice work there James

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Brad gets OWNED

Isaak, that happens on a weekly basis with me, just a return on the daily basis for him.......

Now Boosted...rockin 2007 cobalt ss supercharged!!!!

My cardomain site
doublez@eastlink.ca
Thursday, April 05, 2007 7:22 AM
Haha, sounds like you need to step it up then Brad

BTW James, looks great.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search