first post of my Z24 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
first post of my Z24
Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:43 PM
had the car for over a year, but just started really modding. i personally love it, but lemme know what you guys think. its always interesting

new ebay intake, and my painted IDI lettering(couldve done a better job on it but the pics dont really show it)

FINALLY LOWERED!!! sportlines all the way (as you can tell, ive been really waiting and couldnt be happier ) just need struts now, lol.

front and rear vibrant strut tower bars.

i also have a B&M short shifter but i dont really have any pics

and just a few other pics:

on my driveway.

my new sig

barely clearing the hill that is my driveway, after being lowered, lol. (no, i didnt put the scratches and the crack on the bumper, its from the retard who owned it before me...

and finally in front of my dads appartment.

sorry for the poor quality of the pics, but i dont have a good camera...this thing is begging to have a full exhaust done... hopefully before the end of august.. i got nothin too extravagant, but i figured i'd share and see what you guys have to say, lol.

Re: first post of my Z24
Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:48 PM
Nice man keep up the good work.

Play hard, Drive fast, and Be safe...
Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:23 PM
Looking great Jon! That drop means NO BODY KIT for you! LOL! Well at least if you ever want to put it that driveway! Thats why I have none also.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:49 PM
looking good, should give her a nice clean shave! o and how long can you have the sportline springs without new struts??

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819414
Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:31 PM
/\/\ shave it! Drop looks good but you need some rims. That should do it.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:06 PM
very nice! i like the pic of the front almost on the ground! that should be the new sig!!

Friday, July 28, 2006 11:20 AM
thanks guys. i appreciate the positiveness, lol
jackalope, yea no body kit, lol. im more of a stock exterior kinda guy
i never really thought about the shave... ill think about that one for a while, it might be cool
rims im gonna keep stock... like i said, i like the stock exterior look. no one really expects anything much from a stock looking car... let alone a cav...
maybe i will change my sig 2... hmm. more thinking..
Double A-Ron(dirty J) wrote:how long can you have the sportline springs without new struts??

about a month or 2 if im lucky... but seeing as how i just drove up to boston (where i am now )... about 2 weeks. lol. but im gonna have to wait for struts .

thanks guys

Friday, July 28, 2006 12:33 PM
my cars twin, even the same springs and stock struts!!! lol mine are on order this sat, d-specs baby!!!

anyways i like the car alot, keep up the good work...

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Friday, July 28, 2006 12:44 PM
Very good start. I like how you lowered it before you got rims! Nice!!!

Welcome.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Friday, July 28, 2006 5:37 PM
i shav would look deadly man, and get some black projectors, thats would be deadly.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819414
Friday, July 28, 2006 9:51 PM
Double A-Ron(dirty J) wrote:i shav would look deadly man, and get some black projectors, thats would be deadly.

drinking and posting that would be deadly

Sunday, July 30, 2006 12:42 AM
LMFAO that made my night.

hey DOuble A, where u born from ur fathers womb

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Sunday, July 30, 2006 12:47 AM
Wow my cav is also lowered with the sportlines with stock struts but Ive already went a couple months without doing anything and it seems to be doing fine. O well, hopefully I won't mess anything up = /

Sunday, July 30, 2006 6:03 AM
haha, yea... drunk posting = funny

yea, it really depends on the conditions of the roads around you, and how you drive them. anyone who knows new york, and where I-95 is the cross bronx expressway, will tell you that its not the smoothest of roads. neither are the ones in my home town. which is why they will blow pretty soon. its not that it will really hurt anything too bad, as long as you take care of it and get the proper ones, but its basically if you drive around on blown struts youre always bottoming out, you dont get the proper dampening for the spring, and you run the risk of breaking things... like if you dont already have a dash crack, then youre more than likely gonna get one, lol... but thats minor. it can get a lot worse... but if your car is still ok, and isn't consistantly bottoming out, then you should be good.

Monday, July 31, 2006 12:03 AM
Yeah i think i'll be alright for a few cuz the roads aren't terrible where im at. But since I don't have the money for struts, it looks like im gonna put it back up to stock height when I think its getting bad. Which leads me to a question..my buddy has a 02 Sunfire with the Ecotec in it and he has stock springs that hes not using. Would those work on my 02 Cav with a 2.4 in it? The motors shouldn't be a factor but im telling you just in case. If anyone knows that would be sweet. Saving money would be awesome, even though it will be at stock height = / Thanks!

Monday, July 31, 2006 7:37 AM
I know the Sportline drop says its 2.3" rear, and 1.7" front, but how much does it really drop?

Monday, July 31, 2006 7:57 AM
Looks good man, you did put those little foam pieces on the strut right? I had Sportlines for my first drop and my frind told me to take the foam pieces off, and being the dumby i listened to him, and then it warped the springs....nice ride though man, reminds me totally of my car when i first started...Keep it up!

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!
Monday, July 31, 2006 2:11 PM
Scott Wolf wrote:Yeah i think i'll be alright for a few cuz the roads aren't terrible where im at. But since I don't have the money for struts, it looks like im gonna put it back up to stock height when I think its getting bad. Which leads me to a question..my buddy has a 02 Sunfire with the Ecotec in it and he has stock springs that hes not using. Would those work on my 02 Cav with a 2.4 in it? The motors shouldn't be a factor but im telling you just in case. If anyone knows that would be sweet. Saving money would be awesome, even though it will be at stock height = / Thanks!

yea, theyll fit on your car, all 3rd gen j bodies(95-05) have the same suspension setups. so in essence they are all interchangable. and yea, you'll be able to tell when youre struts go on you. for you if the roads aren't bad, and you drive what you feel is correct for the road, then your struts might last you for a really long time. its just nicer to have the correct struts

Sdwndr2 wrote:I know the Sportline drop says its 2.3" rear, and 1.7" front, but how much does it really drop?

it drops pretty much at that... unless youve done A LOT of lightening it'll get to around what eibach rates it at. i mean, its almost dead on for my car i can BARELY fit 2 fingers inbetween the back tire and fender well, and i almost cant fit 2 up front either. i have big fingers tho, lol.

brian mooney wrote:Looks good man, you did put those little foam pieces on the strut right? I had Sportlines for my first drop and my frind told me to take the foam pieces off, and being the dumby i listened to him, and then it warped the springs....nice ride though man, reminds me totally of my car when i first started...Keep it up!

haha, that sucks.. no, i put the bump stops back on. but i did actually cut them like eibach says to do. even tho ive heard it doesnt make a diff if you do or not. i think thats what youre talkin about, lol. and thanks for the good word

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search