Updated pics of my "Wannabe Z" - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Updated pics of my "Wannabe Z"
Sunday, July 02, 2006 8:51 PM
I finally got everything on this weekend, including the new wheels and headlights. I still have a bit of fitment work to do with the CGP trunk lid. I'm thinking it may not be fitting right because I was rear-ended by a lifted truck, and that may be throwing off the fitment. Overall I am very satidfied with the fitment of the hood and trunk lid.

Heres a list of my mods:

Engine/Exhaust:
Car Customs upper and lower mounts, AEM cold-air intake, Reveco 56mm TB, port-matched stock intake manifold, P&P head with Crane 1.6 ratio rockers, Pacesetter header, custom 2.25" mandrel-bent stainless exhaust with a 26" Magnapack resonator, Borla Turbo XL muffler, and Magnaflow tip.

Exterior: '02 LS Sport front and rear bumpers w/ lips, '03+ LS Sport side skirts, CBD Turbo Sport hood, CGP oem fiberglass trunk lid, '02 LS Sport spoiler, black headlights and turn signals, '00 Toyota taillights.

Suspension/Brakes: Full Tokico D-Spec suspension kit, Addco 1" rear sway bar, stock FE2 front sway bar, RK Sport rear strut tower brace, BAER DecelaRotors, HAWK pads, Russell stainless lines.

Wheels/Tires: 15" Konig Reasons w/ Khumo Ecsta tires

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:29 PM

Re: Updated pics of my "Wannabe Z"
Sunday, July 02, 2006 8:54 PM
Oh, and before anyone asks, I went with 15's because I wanted to have a nice comfortable ride. I had a set of 18's a while back, and I hated it. With the suspension and low-pro tires I could feel everything. Now it rides really nice, and looks better than the steelies I had on.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 8:58 PM
eh.. i think bigger rims. but looks cool

Sunday, July 02, 2006 8:59 PM
16's would look better

looks awsome
Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:01 PM
i really like that hood
how do you like you d-spec's?

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:28 PM
^^^I love my D-Specs. I think I may upgrade to 17's in a few years when the tires I have on now need to be replaced. They only had a few thousand miles on them from when I was rollin' on the steelies, so I figured I'd just stay with 15's for now.
Besides, the 22's on my 300C more than make up for the 15's on my Cav

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:35 PM

Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:35 PM
fix the fitment on your trunk and repaint the lips and youre good

Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:49 PM
^^^what do you mean repaint the lips? The only one that wasn't painted is the front one, since I've already scraped it up pretty good getting in and out of my driveway. I painted it with some black Krylon Fusion, and so far it has held up good and looks decent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:49 PM

Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:56 PM
nevermind it was the pic, i didnt have it enlarged all the way
but the front lip, i dunno
if you paint it silver it might look better
but then again it might not
from the side it just doesnt look right with silver sides and rear lip and a black front lip

Monday, July 03, 2006 1:55 AM
dude, that looks really good. the front looks real nice. rims looks kinda small but it still looks good.

Monday, July 03, 2006 4:34 AM
Like it....

would step up to 17's atleast...

I love my 18's ya the ride is alittle tuff but the look is well worth the odd bump....

Monday, July 03, 2006 11:39 AM
i love that hood!

Monday, July 03, 2006 1:40 PM
^^^I hear that quite a bit. I wonder why?

Monday, July 03, 2006 1:42 PM
Car looks great, not feeling them tiny wheels but if you like them thats all that matters.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re: Updated pics of my
Monday, July 03, 2006 1:47 PM
Heres a couple more pics of the MTX amp and Sledgehammer enclosure I just finished up installing about a hour ago. I just need to find some wire loom to clean up the wiring a bit. Those little brackets were all I could come up with at the moment to keep the box from sliding around when I'm doing a litlle "spirited" driving. The setup cost me just under $300, and it pounds pretty hard for only being a 10" sub.

Monday, July 03, 2006 1:55 PM
needs rims like mine....

lookin good!

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Monday, July 03, 2006 2:10 PM
^^^yeah, my car originally came with the LS Sport wheels, then I got rid of them for the 18's I had. I wish I had kept them. I could have just had them powdercoated black and had been done with it.

Monday, July 03, 2006 2:22 PM
well i would offer to trade you my old rims for the ones you have now but im sure those cost alot more than ls rims. but if you want to do it PM me. they are in mint condition

Monday, July 03, 2006 3:17 PM
They Call Me...Baby Gorilla wrote:Oh, and before anyone asks, I went with 15's because I wanted to have a nice comfortable ride. I had a set of 18's a while back, and I hated it. With the suspension and low-pro tires I could feel everything. Now it rides really nice, and looks better than the steelies I had on.

Good reason. With my 17's the ride can be a little harsh. I'm almost jealous of my bros cav with 14" steelies just because its so smooth. Too floaty on the stock suspension though.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Monday, July 03, 2006 3:28 PM
^^^yeah, With my Tokico setup its just right. I just love the way my car handles.

Monday, July 03, 2006 8:52 PM
Here's some more pics I just took a few minutes ago.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 1:56 PM
why do you say you have Kumho Ecsta Supra tires when your rollin on Falkens?

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 2:33 PM
I was mistaken when I wrote that, and when I realized I made that mistake it was too late to edit the post. I had the Kuhmo's on my 18's. I have the Falken ZE512's, which were previously on my steelies. Oh well. Not a big deal IMO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 04, 2006 2:34 PM

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 11:04 PM
The wheels are kinda small. why don't you find some like stock 16's, I got some off mine the z24 wheels that is. It might look a lil bit better in my opinion. The car still looks pretty sweet though.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2366291
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search