I got me some cool new Alteezas yo!!! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I got me some cool new Alteezas yo!!!
Friday, June 16, 2006 3:50 PM
Heck yes i did... and I love them!!!!

Check out that type-J rear bumper wave.. I think I am going to totally rock this look!!
Um yea, I was stupid enough to buy those 2 years ago before i joined JBO.... However.. I did do this..

Doing all this work myself finally paid its self off... I didn't mess up my trunk while installing the Prostock wing i snagged off 1HotZ ( Mark A.) yesterday. I didn't have a stock spoiler and there was no diagram to go against. I blue painters taped the whole damn trunk lid where needed, drew a pencil line where it was to sit... and measured i don't know how many times.. Guess the old saying, Measure twice and cut once is more than true and i only have the 7 holes in the lid .. but anyways.... Fixed the wavey bumper, and went back to stock tail lights which was for the best..

Thats all you get for an update now, take care, bye bye, then....

p.s. Next update will be pics from the Syracuse Sport Compact and Truck blast.. Rims mounted, everything put together and the whole exhaust on... hopefully.

Re: I got me some cool new Alteezas yo!!!
Friday, June 16, 2006 3:52 PM
Looks good great work.

Friday, June 16, 2006 4:05 PM
and who told you to change the tails.. huh huh

I love those mufflers, get a vid of how they sound..

Friday, June 16, 2006 4:13 PM
I almost typed: I hope your car gets hit by a bus when I saw the altezzas.

but now, It looks good. Shave the badge though cause it bothers me.

Friday, June 16, 2006 4:52 PM
Thats the same muffler i have ! STEALER!

Haha ... looks good man.

Friday, June 16, 2006 4:53 PM
i thought your exhaust was installed that low, crooked, and close together... looks real good compared to what it looked like. keep up the good work.

Friday, June 16, 2006 5:07 PM
bout time you got rid of those horrid tails...

Friday, June 16, 2006 6:27 PM
No Altezza's -

j/k - looks good...

ECOTEC now with Maximum Bolt-Ons!!
Friday, June 16, 2006 7:12 PM
Manta Z(The Primered One) wrote:and who told you to change the tails.. huh huh

I love those mufflers, get a vid of how they sound..

ha ha... a few people have been after me to get rid of them, it was only a matter of time before i did it. I like this look sooo much better... lol..

This bumper is really funny, when its not in the sun and in the shade like in the pictures, it looks perfect with no wave. When it first sat in the sun, it started to created a wave again... So i am kinda confused on that one because as soon as the sun moved off that portion of the car, it went back to normal again. If its going to act like that, the bumpers WILL be white and i will be throwin out the idea to paint the car black... There was a mega diffence between the white paint and black bumpers heat wise.

Friday, June 16, 2006 7:21 PM
dang.. big mufflers..

looks better

Friday, June 16, 2006 8:00 PM
Stock tails look so much better on there

Altezzas must die

Friday, June 16, 2006 8:05 PM
meh, 95-99 Tails suck. Go with the 2K Tails instead

(Old School Vet)
"I was gone for a minute, but now I'm back..."
Friday, June 16, 2006 8:25 PM
KRI Motorsports wrote:meh, 95-99 Tails suck. Go with the 2K Tails instead

Some yoda tails are in the future sometime... I just have alot to get done before july 29th... So those have to wait and only having $108 bucks to my name is kinda a problem at the moment... lol. Still need new rubber, get the car registerd, inspected and alignment.. then exhaust install... On $200 a week paychecks its going to be a struggle.

Friday, June 16, 2006 9:27 PM
My face went from to .

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:05 PM
Nity9CavSedanCRJ -car looks great so far, cant wait to see it finished... if you dont mind could u please tell me the part # on thos mufflers they are exactlly what im looking for, tnx man...

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:50 PM
whats the p/n on those mufflers? if you don't know no biggy.

2000 Cavalier, 2d, silver.
Saturday, June 17, 2006 12:41 AM
Keeps getting better and better

Saturday, June 17, 2006 3:35 AM
good choice on the muffler, i want that muffer when i get a new one soon. car is looking good aswell

Saturday, June 17, 2006 7:32 AM
it looking good i was afraid for a moment that those tails were actually staying maybe i'll come and see in person sometime. Ny j's

Saturday, June 17, 2006 9:52 AM
badges... shaved... now

looking great cody... it's really coming along.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:44 AM
How did you fix the wave? I used my regular L bracket like how I had my SS kit on but it was too short. Why is the type J so short in the back, it doesnt even come close to the car. I have marks type J kit (A shop installed it for him I think) and it had the waves in it and was never fixed so it is kinda warped. I will fix mine, how did you do yours?

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible

Saturday, June 17, 2006 11:13 AM
For the guys who wanted the Part number for the muffler it is MGF-14832. Depending on which place you look for it, the first 3 letters vary. Summit racing, Jegs, and a few others were all on back order. I ended up ordering them through cardomain.com. They are very reasonable priced..

Spencer- All the badges will be shaved when the car see's paint, for some reason there are paint lines around the letter so removing them now will look dumb.

Chris- Where the filler plates attach to the car, i removed the 2 washer/nuts and took galvinized 13/4" l-brackets trimmed them some and installed them behind those washer/nut things. Took the wave right out when the kit is like 60-80 degrees. When it was sitting in the direct sun yesterday, a little wave developed again, but when it got in the shade, the wave went away again. So prolly when the car gets painted, it won't happen.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 11:48 AM
there for a sec i thought you were gonna show us a pic of the chromed out honda kit but it looks like
someone slaped some sense into you ! looks good keep us updated

Dark for fear of failure
An inner gloom as wide as an eye and fermenting
Roiling hate
Death gripped my veins
Unveiling rancid petals
Flowering forth foul nectar
The space between a blink and a tear
Death blooms.-mudvayne
Saturday, June 17, 2006 11:49 AM
strat81 wrote:badges... shaved... now

looking great cody... it's really coming along.

i'm lovin watchin this sedan take shape!

Sunday, June 18, 2006 12:35 AM
to get my wavy bumper to lay flat, I drilled 2 holes in the top portion of the bumper. 1 on each side of the bumper, almost to the edge of the crush panel underneath. Anyway i installed one of those cristmas tree shaped fasteners in each hole, now the bumper is held nice and snug to the crush panel under it, and the top of the fasteners are smooth, and almost are hidden by the edge of the truck lid when it is closed. Wish I had a pic, but I don't.

If you look in the pic, you cannot tell they are there at all, but the bumper is smooth.

Nice progress.

My Myspace Page
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search