car almost complete now - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car almost complete now
Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:35 PM
Hey everyone,

I almost finished painting my car now. The only thing left to do now is put one more single base coat of corvette on the hood and clear coat it. I ran out of reducer last weekend so i couldnt finish it. This weekend i will get the hood painted. Then i will start wetsanding the car with 2500 grit to 3500 grit and buff it out with 3m Finishing Material. Well enough talking and on with the pics for now.

Re: car almost complete now
Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:39 PM
nice

Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:43 PM
Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:48 PM
why does one mirror have LEDs and the other doesnt?

Other then that and the fenders It should look pretty nice
Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:51 PM
Ken wrote:why does one mirror have LEDs and the other doesnt?

Other then that and the fenders It should look pretty nice

im still putting the car back together slowly. I still have to finish painting the hood and start wetsanding the car. I just put the parts on to take pics of it to see how its goign to look when i finish it. I took the mirrors fully apart when painting them so now i just have to put them back together. The trim on my car will also all be repainted black so it looks brand new again and i will get the @!#$ off the windows.
Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:52 PM
it will be dropped soon. Im just super busy right now so its hard for me to finish it. I got two months before i start for my masters degree at UTD for computer science so i have to get moving on this car to finish it. It still needs alot of work but it will get finished soon.
Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:53 PM
looks good

btw i have the same pair of channel locks, same blue grip too

Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:53 PM
what kind of mirrors are those? and whered you get them?

also do they view nice, i mean dont stick out too far...

Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:11 PM
BaggedCav98 wrote:looks good

btw i have the same pair of channel locks, same blue grip too
Now that you mention it, I had a roll of duct tape that looked just like that one there too!

Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:53 PM
that stuff is too rich for me

Thursday, June 15, 2006 6:07 PM
that color is sexy

Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:39 PM
thanks everyone for the post. I still got a lot of work to do on it and a lot of cleaning but i will post more pics as it goes on.

the mirrors are m3 blinker mirrors, they wire up easy and look awesome painted to match your car. I paid $55 for my pair from a company in michigan.

the color is CORVETTE RED.
Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:54 PM
i havent seen wheels like that before.. kinds cool... and i would night shade the lense for the mirriors

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:09 PM
dude ur car looks sick....

you scratch my ride IMA EAT YO CHILDREN
Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:32 PM
Jared wrote:i havent seen wheels like that before.. kinds cool... and i would night shade the lense for the mirriors

Yeah the wheels use to be silver, i used gunmetal rim paint from autozone and painted them last year and there still perfect. I prepped it and did it right with clear coat.

As for the nightshades, the front eclipse blinkers are going to get that, rear tails are, m3 blinkers will too.

As i said above i still have lots to do to finish this car, i just wanted to post pics now too see what people think.
Friday, June 16, 2006 7:28 AM
yeah I have those wheels. they are actually Primax 65x something. but mine are kinda scuffed up and I wanted new ones just like em but unfortuantly like a car they disconntinued them.. so the primax's are going up for sale as of now. 17x7.5. to bad I really liked those.

**changes are here**

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search