Hanging ecm and evap. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hanging ecm and evap.
Thursday, June 01, 2006 5:54 PM
Well i finaly came around to changing my broken fender wells. This is what i saw when i pulled em off.

All 4 bolts broke off and it was being held there by the evap hoses.. The bolts looked kinda small for what it's holding. I'd say the whole thing together must weigh almost 10lbs.

If you jbody is a lil older with a few miles on it you may want to check your to make sure it's still securely attached. Would suck to have it fall then running it over.

Re: Hanging ecm and evap.
Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:32 PM
Definitly will have to check when i change my cams soon.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:33 PM
what am i looking at?

hmmmm.... I am confused, and the Blonde genius that is me,
does not easily get confused
Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:58 PM
Actually it is not bolts, but it is revited in.

FU Tuning

Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:48 PM
Where do you drive?!?!?!............Dirty...

Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:38 PM
hey i had the same thing happen to be...i just put bolts with lock tight and locking washers..

<html>http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/brianb/thumbnail_personal_pic.jpg</html>
Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:32 PM
The bolts were broken on the inserts. I tryed taking out the broken studs but 1 would just spin and spin and not come out and the other was too short to grab with the vise grips. I just beat on it with a hammer and the inserts poped out and i put in new rivits.

Lots of gravel roads i go down and also constuction sites i go to. When they water down the gravel road or constuction site it maked mud. Thats why i put in new fender wells.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search