Finally got all the decals on - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finally got all the decals on
Sunday, April 30, 2006 1:18 PM
Well I finally got all the decals that I posted in the other thread on the car plus a couple I didn't have at that time. Tell me what you guys think. That includes you Mr. Teske.

What could be hidden under the covers?

Temporary decal placement for a local sponsor: Riverwalls LTD Golf Course Enhancement

Full side shot. Still looking for a company, or companies, to fill in the middle area of the car.

Gimme some feedback guys and gals. Good and bad is accepted.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Re: Finally got all the decals on
Sunday, April 30, 2006 1:38 PM
Most fastest riced out cavy ever

It's all there for a reason. Wish I was sponsored or did business with most of those companies.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Sunday, April 30, 2006 1:39 PM
if you wanted an ugly car that goes fast why not just get a crx?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, April 30, 2006 1:41 PM
Of course I was playing around with ya though!

Sunday, April 30, 2006 1:44 PM
Look pretty random, Riverwalls on the pass. side looks a bit slanted, but my biggest complaint is how you mixed in the cheap Summit/ARP bumper sticker style stickers.

I think for a couple dollars you could have easily had a layout done, had them all cut in a similiar fashion, and ended up with a much better end result.

...and no it's a "racecar" bull@!#$, cause you wouldn't be asking otherwise!

Sunday, April 30, 2006 1:46 PM
I will keep my opinions to myself

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, April 30, 2006 1:56 PM
I realize that they're on there for a reason, but you coulda came up with something cleaner than that. It just looks like some kid threw some stickers on there. I agree with what Joe said.
Sunday, April 30, 2006 1:58 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Look pretty random, Riverwalls on the pass. side looks a bit slanted, but my biggest complaint is how you mixed in the cheap Summit/ARP bumper sticker style stickers.

I think for a couple dollars you could have easily had a layout done, had them all cut in a similiar fashion, and ended up with a much better end result.

...and no it's a "racecar" bull@!#$, cause you wouldn't be asking otherwise!

The Riverwalls one was crooked. It was on for one day until he got me some good decals instead of that 5 year old one. LOL.
The reason I used all the decals I did is because those are contingency decals. If I don't use those decals I don't get paid. I like getting paid though. If I had the choose I would have them all matching though. I tried to follow the lines of the bumper as best I could when locating the decals but all the bends makes it hard. If they didn't pay I wouldn't place them.

It might look a little ricey but it's making me extra money everytime I make a final round.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 1:59 PM
I'd hide it with a summit banner in public too.

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:03 PM
wow, a second grader could have done it better, get sponsored by a vinyl shop and do that stuff right, in black, and all in one place

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:06 PM
navycav3 wrote:wow, a second grader could have done it better, get sponsored by a vinyl shop and do that stuff right, in black, and all in one place

And a second grader could have read my reply a lot better than you did too. I USED THE DECALS I DID BECAUSE THEY ARE CONTINGENCY DECALS. IF THEY WERE JUST SPONSORS I WOULD MAKE MY OWN LIKE I DID THE EKSET LOGO.

The location was chosen for a reason too but since no one is reading my replies anyways why post it.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:07 PM
M I N I O N - Sinbird wrote:I'd hide it with a summit banner in public too.

Actually the covers are to shield the tires from the sun...and they're worth $100 to use too.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:08 PM
idk you keep telling me you lost all your deals for this season.. but now they came back?

congrats that all the deals came back... I guess...

let me clarify, you told me you lost $12,000 is funding...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:15 PM
I lost $12K in funding from "local" companies to go racing in the NHRA Sport Compact series. I have a few parts and service sponsors still though.

Riverwalls LTD is paying me $100 a race ($50 a side) to run their decals at all my races and my dentist might be coming on board soon for the same amount or more even.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:15 PM
ok ok, i skipped that post, sorry...

but i dont know, seems i would have put them somewhere else though, but for some extra dough i guess i can understand

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:19 PM
I like how some people think stuff like that is not neccesary on a car that is raced (and you might not call it a racecar but it's faster than 95% of the cars on JBO) but when Ryne does it, it has to look nice and properly placed, etc etc.......

Why does it have to look good and neat?

Do you get points while racing down the strip with cleanly placed decals?

Is there a carshow involved right before the races to see who's car looks better?

I honestly don't understand why everyone jumps on Ryne whenever he posts. It's really some childish BS going on here.

I wonder if anyone would jump on Karo's head if he had a couple random decals placed in weird places?

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:20 PM
most people dont know that ryne is actually racing...

i didnt, i knew he had one hell of a fast car but wasnt aware he was actually racing

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:21 PM
wow. maybe line the door?? that looks horrible.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:21 PM
That's not to everyone..........I just don't understand why JBO is going to shi* over petty things.

People rice out their cars and you have about 6-7 posts that are dogging it out, but most people give him props for the work and give suggestions........

with some other people who start a thread about anything they just get ripped..........

?

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:23 PM
I wasn't being a penis, I was being honest

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:24 PM

agreed, those stickers look like ASS, sorta matches the car i guess, explain to me how a stock cavalier has sponsors? there are 1,000,000,000 other cars identical to that one (minus the ghey decals of course)

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:26 PM
but ryne also must have known what people like me would say when they see it, the majority of the jbo in my oppinion like to see smooth, clean Js, and i guess this is isnt what most people are all about

but i can respect the work put into the car, and how he is quicker than 99 percent of the js here, but that doesnt mean we dont want it to look good too

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:26 PM
90redz24 wrote:

agreed, those stickers look like ASS, sorta matches the car i guess, explain to me how a stock cavalier has sponsors? there are 1,000,000,000 other cars identical to that one (minus the ghey decals of course)

90 red z24.........

Be less lazy and look at someones profile before you ask retarded questions.........

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:27 PM
navycav3 wrote:but ryne also must have known what people like me would say when they see it, the majority of the jbo in my oppinion like to see smooth, clean Js, and i guess this is isnt what most people are all about

but i can respect the work put into the car, and how he is quicker than 99 percent of the js here, but that doesnt mean we dont want it to look good too

I understand that. That's a more respectable answer than others.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:28 PM
97blkZ24 wrote:wow. maybe line the door?? that looks horrible.

I'm using the door for all the local, and hopefully non-local, sponsors that give money out right. I'm working over the front and over the front wheels for parts and services right now but once that's done I'll run the bottom of the door. For now I tried to keep a very traditional "racecar" styled setup for the decals. Some people don't like it and think everyone has to have a "rollcall" but I HATE ROLLCALLS personally and swore I wouldn't do one.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search