Wheels are on... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wheels are on...
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:38 AM
I just got done putting on my 16" Riax Seca wheels in black. Why 16s? I wanted a little bit of tire (my town/area has terrible roads), and I like the look of 16s personally, although I know I'll get flamed for it

Anyway, i know I'll get the old "it needs a drop", but see above reason for going with 16s. My town alone right now has a husge sewage project going on and they have all the roads effed up pretty bad.

On to the pics:

The tires are 225/50/16s which came as a recommendation from the JBO.

as a side note, the calipers and drums will get painted very soon---calipers red, drums flat black.

thanks for looking

Re: Wheels are on...
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:41 AM
If your going to drop it make sure you go with new struts also because you gonna have a horrible riding vehicle otherwise plus you factory struts are going to go out after a while if you drive alot. I went with KYB AGX's. Otherwise they look ok but your right, you need a drop

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:57 AM
good deal on the 16's ill be getting that size to but more because of the perfromance reason rather than the @!#$ty roads one. I read what you said about the drop on the @!#$ty roads, but look into the Tein H. Techs, they only drop the car an inch so you still have the clearance w/ a more agressive look. Just food for thought but the car looks good.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:23 AM
^^^x2
or the Pro Kit from eibach

-Brandon

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:09 AM
IF I lower it, I will most definitely be getting new struts as well. I may look into the Tein springs also, since it is not that much of a drop. I like the Pro Kit also, it's only like 1.4inch right?

Anyway, time (and money) will tell if I do lower it.

Thanks for the comments.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:12 AM
Ehhh, that gap is huge!

I understand what you mean, PA does have horrible roads

Where is Roscoe? Currently I live in Indiana, PA. But once home from school I'm from Allentown.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:23 AM
im on the pro-kit and I think fills the gap VERY well..

Just something to think about, but yeah, with a drop it would look great

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:42 AM
Want to sell me your old rims?
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:59 AM
it really needs a drop lol...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 12:49 PM
Matt Howell wrote:Want to sell me your old rims?

i'm pretty much sure they are sold

and yes mike that car needs lowered, but after driving up to your house finally, those roads are aweful. I would go with H-techs at the most i think, you'd have a hard time with those getting in your garage let alone if you go with the pro-kit. Just dont want to see that sexy LS kit get all scraped, but im diggin the wheels bud

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:37 PM
Matt Howell wrote:Want to sell me your old rims?

If you mean the LS rims, then they are sold (which actually made it possible for me to get these rims).

Jason wrote:Where is Roscoe?

actually, I need to update that, I live in Charleroi, which is about 20 minutes from Washington Pa.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search