Finally installed new suspension - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finally installed new suspension
Friday, April 07, 2006 4:08 PM
After waiting for the weather to turn nicer, I got the d specs and Tein s techs on yesterday. Install went pretty smooth, wouldn't have taken as long if I didn't break a wheel stud, and stopped for lunch and parts runs. Anyway, the rear didn't come down as much as i wanted, but I still like the way it looks, and even more on how it handles.

Before

After

Re: Finally installed new suspension
Friday, April 07, 2006 4:45 PM
green? other than those its real good looking

Friday, April 07, 2006 6:43 PM
Why is the rear so high still? or did you just install the fronts?
Friday, April 07, 2006 7:03 PM
the problem is the tires are tiny......go with 215/45/17 next time, eliminates even more of the wheel gap.

Friday, April 07, 2006 7:13 PM
Not too bad. Front looks nice, but this is the second car now that I've seen with the Tein's with the rear looking just as high as stock.

Damn, I'm going to be putting in my Koni Yellows and Tein S.Techs tomorrow........I'm wondering if I should even bother with the Tein's. That back looks just as high as some stock Cavalier's. WTF? Well I'll put them in tomorrow and then take some pics too.

Jim, what is your cardomain site. I wanna see some bigger pics!!!

Friday, April 07, 2006 7:20 PM
Rear looks amazingly high. Strange.

...and the green just screams "hey look at me, woohooo I have drum brakes!".

Friday, April 07, 2006 7:25 PM
225 45/17 is what i got for tires... fills it in nice

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:38 PM
I would say its partly the D-Specs fault. For some reason the Tokicos are about a half inch taller than konis would be in the rear - and I know 'but omgz dave, struts dont affect hyte u noob!!!!!'. The green paint looks cheesy, but if its something you like then keep it.

Friday, April 07, 2006 10:12 PM
i <3 my koni's

repaint those calipers and drums black please heheh

glad to see ur headed in the right direction tho

Friday, April 07, 2006 11:44 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/823041
theres the cardomain, and you're also right about the tires, this is my last year on these tires cause the tread will be gone after this summer. I didn't know that the d specs were taller than the konis, but i did measure the stock wheels with the winter tires on and they were . 5 inches taller than the ones in the picture. For now it works for me, but if im not happy by the end of the year, i'll buy some sportlines and call it good. Yeah the green looks cheesy, but its my favorite color, and you don't see it every day so I wanted to be different.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search