My New Shifter!! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My New Shifter!!
Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:08 AM
I installed my B&M today and it is the best thing i've done and well worth the $130. Thanks to everyone who told me to buy one and not waste my time cutting the stock one. Is the knob suposed to be spotty?

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Re: My New Shifter!!
Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:11 AM
looks great, but how difficult was the install?
Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:37 AM
sweet gald you got one..... i have had mine for over a year now and loved it ever sense.. and i dont understand what you mean by spotty LOL..

Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:27 AM
the shifter was my first mods as well along with motor mounts. shifting felt way better. alot of people who drive my car love the way it just clicks into the gear.

you made the right decision getting that shifter. If i had a stock j that was going to be stock period. id have to thow in a shifter no matter what.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:08 PM
Dang I gots to get me one of those..
Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:20 PM
2enthusiast4 wrote:the shifter was my first mods as well along with motor mounts. shifting felt way better. alot of people who drive my car love the way it just clicks into the gear.

you made the right decision getting that shifter. If i had a stock j that was going to be stock period. id have to thow in a shifter no matter what.

yep thats what i was about to say tooo about keeping one stock and throwing that in reguardless... and as a matter of fact it was my first mod too... and i love the click feeling you are talking about

Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:24 PM
Good purchase

Charlie Kraft: Install is easy

Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:29 PM
one of the best and cheapest mods you can do

install is easy as well

the only thing that comes in second to this is the a-arm bushings which is another awesome mod but they're a pain in the butt to put in.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:03 PM
I found the install was harder than mentioned. The instructions would say "now just pop this off or pop that off" when it should say "Pull on this or that untill your hands start bleeding, oh make sure your parents around when you descide to swear and the mofo." I didn't use the instructions it came with, I used the Wild Weasle instructions. Do any of you know how to remove the reverse lock out? I have a new knob coming and it's not reverse lockout capable. I know exactly what you guys mean by "Click" into gear. It doesn't feel like a pussa shifter anymore.

Oh yeah It makes me want to drive more often now!!

Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:09 PM
Nice, I should be investing in one of those really soon!

- Darren

gmtunerz.com -||- phewes.snowpants.org -||- zukiworld.com
Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:30 PM
i'm just waiting for the next paycheck and i'll have one of those as well as a short shifter boot from aplus! hopefully u guys are right about the easy-ness of the install...i dont want to deal with anyone else helping me lol

2002 Cavalier 2200----- Buffalo, NY

Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:22 PM
makes me wish i had a manual.
wait, anything makes me wish i had a manual.
looks great man!

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Thursday, March 23, 2006 6:28 PM
So.... what's that pink thing?

Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:39 PM
that RED thing looks like a lanyard holding an ID badge of some sort.

I love my B&M. Makes me so much more confident when slamming the gears at the track. Not like the POS stock one that broke it my hand on a pass.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:43 PM
Ive got the one for my 98 'Fire, the best feeling when you havent driven the car in a while is that short throw with the mentioned click.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:49 PM
that was one of my first mods to my cav too. well worth it, i found the install to be nothing but a breeze, one of the only mods i have ever done in my life that took less than an hour with no help, had NO hitches, glitches of "oh @!#$"'s .hope u enjoy it as much as i have for the past... christ over a year now i

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

i had lots of toys when i was young.slinky,etc.but once i found my penis,that was all she wrote
Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:58 PM
That pink thing is red and it's a lanyard with my school ID attached to it (required).

Has anybody removed the reverse lockout?

Friday, March 24, 2006 8:16 AM
looks good i was thinkin about getting one for my 99 fire. Where did you order yours froM?
Friday, March 24, 2006 12:27 PM
Ebay

Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:38 AM
why is there no group buy on these?

Saturday, March 25, 2006 7:42 PM
IZN TRBL wrote:makes me wish i had a manual.
wait, anything makes me wish i had a manual.
looks great man!

X2 on all counts

I was happy when I heard my car ran 10s. Then I found out that was 0-60.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search