Rebuilder Pics! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rebuilder Pics!
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:25 PM
Bought this car 7 weeks ago and was only able to work on it on the weekends. My total investment in the car so far is $1400. Future plans include new window tint, and LS Sport front and rear lips. On to the Pics!!

I actually saved both of those front fenders, but got a junkyard hood and bumper.

The car doesnt look to bad but I had to sand off all of that damn primer.

Next up is the car assembled before lowering ready for final bodywork!!

I love the 4x4 look but it has to go!

Fill primer and guide coat the fun begins!!

Re: Rebuilder Pics!
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:45 PM
My bad double posted that last pic sorry.

First paint goin on!!!

Lowered baby, Lowered

Homemade Paintbooth yeah it was an idea I thought I would try.

Final Prep before sealer and paint!!!!

First looks with the paint booth down mostly assembled!!!!

Final Product.

Didn't like the looks of OEM HL's with the black corners so I took'em apart and painted.

Questions and Comments welcome, keep in mind this is a daily driver and nothing more!!! Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:50 PM
You clearcoat it? It looks like flat black......

Other than that, Awesome work!

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:54 PM
shoulda throw a clear/gloss coat on it.

-Borsty
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:57 PM
looks satin, I like it!!!

-Brandon

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:14 PM
looks pretty good. are you goin to clear coat it? good job.

my carDomain
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:19 PM
Actually if you see the VW in the background I wanted to go with a semi flat black - red steelies - and white walls look because I love old street rods.

Everyone was telling me that flat black is hard to do because you can't color sand and clear so I wanted to test the waters a little and see how it would turn out. thanks for the comments guys and gals!!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:33 PM
yenkosuprcar wrote:semi flat black - red steelies - and white walls look because I love old street rods.

Pimp. Keepin it real since the 40's.

Keep it up! I want to see it done!

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:43 PM
very nice work btu some of you body lines are still a little off. nothing some adjsuting wqont fix

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:54 PM
i like it

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:01 PM
Not a fan of the paint, but you did a good job fixing it up. One question, what kind of exhaust tip is that? What size is it? Thanks

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:05 PM
I couldn't tell ya that tip and muffler were on the car when i bought it, sorry, but I'm sure its nothing special.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:08 PM
yenkosuprcar wrote:Actually if you see the VW in the background I wanted to go with a semi flat black - red steelies - and white walls look because I love old street rods.

That would be so awesome. I actually wanted to do that to mine too! Please do it!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:29 PM
looks great...how long did it take you to sand, primer, and paint the car? i'm on spring break and lookin to reshoot the car, but dont know if i have enough time

you did a really good job on the car
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:05 PM
awesome work i love the paint job

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:28 PM
nice work

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:39 PM
awesome work.. wish i had place to do work like that!!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:55 PM
Da Boss - I can't say for sure, the whole project took about six weekends with my dad doing a few odds and ends during the week. But when I was home on those weekends it was 5:00 pm till about 2:00 am Friday then up at 7:00 or 8:00 am work till 1:00 or 2:00 am and then as long as could before heading back Sunday. It was very rushed because I needed to get it on the road but I am pretty happy with it.

WannaBzee - Yeah I'm definetly doin it but who knows when that will get done because its a huge project and the daily drivers come first ya know.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:11 PM
id say for the money and time into it, you have a hell of a car there. alot of people spend years trying to get to that point alone. good work!!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:46 PM
keep it flat black.. i love it.

2004 Nissan Maxima SE w/ Elite Pkg
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ Sport Pkg
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:12 PM
nice effin job mang! I did a homemade paintbooth myself as well. It was a pain in the ass!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:50 PM
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:
yenkosuprcar wrote:Actually if you see the VW in the background I wanted to go with a semi flat black - red steelies - and white walls look because I love old street rods.

That would be so awesome. I actually wanted to do that to mine too! Please do it!

i disagree
the flat black doesnt look bad, but the red steelies and white walls would look ATROCIOUS on a modern car such as this

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 11:45 PM
so how hard is it to make the homemade paintbooth? did u just throw some plastic around the car? or is there more involved in that? sorry, never made one before, i figured i'd do it right the first time
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:26 AM
Very nice work, Props for doin it yourself.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:21 AM
themarin8r wrote:
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:

i disagree
the flat black doesnt look bad, but the red steelies and white walls would look ATROCIOUS on a modern car such as this

Thats not what we were talking about , I'm doin that look on my '57 VW Beetle. As for the Paint Booth I just framed it out with a bunch of pine and then wrapped it in plastic, it only costed $8 dollars but I don't know if it was even worth it because I have painted cars at home before with just as good of results, just make sure the garage is ultra clean and your airline system has really good filters and you'll be fine w/o the spray booth. Remember a good lookin paint job happens long before the paint gets into the gun.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search