Tein S-Techs On - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tein S-Techs On
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:43 PM
I sincerely hope everyone does their own struts, I actually worked on taking the strut assemblies out and putting them back in for a total of maybe 50 minutes. I have my friend helping me, but that's it. I also took them to a machine shop to have them swap the springs so I didn't have to risk killing myself.

You know what stock 4x4 status looks like, so I won't post before pics.

AFTER!

That's about a 3 finger gap in front and a four finger gap in back. The front lip now sits about six fingers from the ground. Just bearly clears standard curbs now.

Looks clean but the rear is still too high for my liking. Overall, though, I'm very satisfied.

And yes, I vandalized my side skirts.

Re: Tein S-Techs On
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:45 PM
how about a whole car pic?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:54 PM
Did you even lower it?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:56 PM
whats with the sig man, looks like something you put on lavalife or something

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:57 PM
Jay wrote:Did you even lower it?

Yeah, the stock gaps were 6 fingers in back and 5 fingers in front, the handling difference is very noticeable.

I'll post a full car pic in a bit.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:02 PM
yea i just got new rims they're 40 fingers

i like to use inchs for measuring but i guess fingers work too. lol

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:04 PM
I would assume that the car would have to settle too, so it might get a little lower as well.

**changes are here**

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:05 PM

From further away it's more noticeable. I'm definitely going to pick up some coilovers eventually and probably dump it another inch at least.

And the signature was just something I was messing with in photoshop. We thought it looked like it could be a Chevy advertisement.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:10 PM
goleafs wrote:yea i just got new rims they're 40 fingers

i like to use inchs for measuring but i guess fingers work too. lol

I guess I'm too lazy to bust out the ruler... cause then I'd have to provide millimeters for all of our Canadian friends. Not that that's a problem (I'm originally Canadian).

Plus everyone in the world has fingers, so they can relate to my measuring method!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:48 PM
it will prob settle a little bit to give it some time. the back doesn't look that dropped tho.

2004 Nissan Maxima SE w/ Elite Pkg
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ Sport Pkg
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:53 PM
So wait, did you get the coilovers or what? Are the S-techs just springs?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:58 PM
i think he did just use the spring on stock struts

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 3:55 PM
Yes S-Techs are springs, not a combo, not a coilover set.

And yes I used stock struts... in defense of my stupidity, the LS Sport struts are stiffer than the base model struts (I know, my mom has an 04 LS, that thing is soft as hell).

Jounce and rebound motions are decently dampened with the stock struts, but I'm not staying with this setup for long, I don't like the drop. The rear does definitely look dropped though, you have to compare it to stock.

I'll get a pic of my mom's Cavy versus mine.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:05 PM
Here's a good comparison.

They're the exact same monster truck status stock.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:14 PM
give them some time and they'll settle and be a little lower. looks good though

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:43 PM
looks uneven..higher in the rear

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:54 PM
Quote:

he LS Sport struts are stiffer than the base model struts (I know, my mom has an 04 LS, that thing is soft as hell).

T dissagree. It has stiffer frot and rear swaybars to help it corner better. I don't think the struts are changed at all. The cavs with wheels like urz but are base model have the same suspension as you. Thats what I have. Someone look into this further plz!

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:19 PM
i dated this girl one time..

took me 4 fingers.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:22 PM
a drop for any cav is really needed. the car looks good though

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:33 PM
Not too bad. The front looks good. For the front springs to be only .2" lower than the rears, it sure does show. The front looks nice. Maybe they will settle. Shoot us some pics in about 2 weeks.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:00 PM
Nice car man, I do believe your right about the different suspension setup on the ls sport models (or z24 here in Canada), I auto xed against a guy with a base model sunfire and when he went threw the hair pin there was WAY more wheel gap and threw the slalom the body roll was very extreme. All in all tho your setup looks good, and it should settle a little in a few weeks, depending on how much you drive the car.

And what's this talk about Canadians not knowing what an inch is? :p

03z24

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:01 PM
Calco wrote:And what's this talk about Canadians not knowing what an inch is? :p

I was just kidding, I joke about that with my friends from Fort Erie (Ontario). I tell them I do 0-60 -- I mean 100... which is 62... ... ...

Bluecavi (hater of the wings) wrote:T dissagree. It has stiffer frot and rear swaybars to help it corner better. I don't think the struts are changed at all. The cavs with wheels like urz but are base model have the same suspension as you. Thats what I have. Someone look into this further plz!

I'll have to check into this again... but I saw no rear sway-bar under my car. My car leans a whole lot (roughly as much as the LS) but dives and squats much less. It rolls much less with the new springs.

Also, I've driven about 20 miles so far... and both the front and rears are starting to settle a bit, they're maybe .25" lower than when I first installed them. I'll post new pics next week.

StreetDreamZz wrote:looks uneven..higher in the rear[/quote[

I know... all stock J's are raked... and because the drop is uneven (1.7"F 1.5"R) it makes the rake even more noticeable. I dislike raked cars... which is why I want to get coil-overs... You shouldn't really mess with the stock rake, but if I can drop each end 2.5" the rake angle will stay the same but the look will be much better.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:03 PM
Doh... I should really preview before I post >.<

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 10:03 PM
hmm well i guess im gonna get sportlines or tien basics for a drop then

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:35 AM
i'd done suspension swaps on a half a dozen J's. the struts are all the same. you're giving GM a lot of credit for thinking up putting higher grade shocks and struts on the upper model J's... i don't think GM gives a crap honestly... so they recycle parts. thats why the 03-05 cavies didnt really get redesigned, because they wanted to keep as much of the old body parts as possible. my LS Sport has the same struts/shocks as my fiance's sunfire se.

Obsessive Behavior of Columbus - Forums - SIGN UP!
http://obc2.proboards78.com/index.cgi
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search