Tell me what you think of my new exhaust - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tell me what you think of my new exhaust
Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:28 PM
I finally found a dual exhaust from a Sunfire GT and put it on my Sunfire. Tell me what you think of it. I think it turned out really good.

Re: Tell me what you think of my new exhaust
Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:30 PM
looks good 2 me! u plannin' on puttin' different muffs on there?

^ my cavy of course.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:34 PM
02 redbadged wrote:looks good 2 me! u plannin' on puttin' different muffs on there?

Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:40 PM
I think I'm keeping the mufflers because I don't want to change the sound. I'm trying to keep it a quiet one. I don't mind a loud car, it's just not for me. I am thinking of getting some nice chrome tips like one of these on each side.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:52 PM
hell no w/ the square tipped ones.......... u'd be goin' from ovals 2 squares? Which either one just looks retarded. the tips would definately make em' look more of like exhaust rather then some plastic on the bumper

Go w/ the slash cutted ones, or the straight out ones................

^ my cavy of course.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:58 PM
Ya, I don't care much for the squares. I think I like the tip in the center of the pic the most.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:12 PM
Yeah I love that one too ^

Monday, January 02, 2006 12:14 AM
That looks really good Caleb . You should have bought my factory exhaust then you would have had nice shiny round tips . I had been wondering what was going on with your car since I hadn't seen you around in a while. It looks great! Keep up the good work.

Monday, January 02, 2006 12:38 AM
I still have my factory stock duals as well.

Monday, January 02, 2006 9:49 AM
Ya Carrie, I didn't really have the money then to get yours, and I was at the junkyard last week lookin' for clear turn signal housings and came across the exhaust for $25. It was a different generation so it's a bit modified because the original mounting for the middle is covered up by a charcoal box. There's just a pipe that runs under the space that holds the spare tire. You can only see it if you're real far away and most people wouldn't even catch it anyway. btw, your engine bay looks really good. I want to slowly start doing more stuff to mine.
Monday, January 02, 2006 12:37 PM
I totally understand about the exhaust. I was just teasing you .

Did you have any luck finding clear front bumper signals at the junkyard? If you're interested, here is the part number for them: #5978215. You can get brand new ones from GM Parts Direct for $22.74 a piece. I know you could get them much cheaper from a junkyard, but the problem is it may be hard to find ones that aren't yellowed and crappy looking. Just a thought.

Thanks for the kind words on the engine compartment. I am so happy with how far it has come over the past year.

Make sure to keep me updated with your car. As always, if you ever have any questions or anything, please feel free to email me any time: j_to_envy@yahoo.com. Good luck with all your future projects. Take care.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:37 PM
Hey thanks, Carrie. I actually did find a set in pretty descent shape at the junkyard that I was going to get, but they wanted $25 a piece for them. I really don't understand why they wanted so much. I was going to check the dealer to see what I could get them new for, but I guess I don't have to now. Thanks bunches.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:18 PM
keep the current tips, they flow with the bumper real well

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:28 PM
No problem Cal . I'm here to help whenever I can ! I wish I would have known about GM Parts Direct when I ordered my clear front bumper signals. I ordered them through a dealer and ended up paying about $75 for the pair . Oh well, it was well worth it, they look amazing. You better send me some pictures or a link for pictures or something when you get them installed . Good luck. Take care.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 2:13 PM
i like i like, looks great

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 2:14 PM
Looks like the GT from the rear
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search