Memories!!!! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Memories!!!!
Monday, December 12, 2005 10:38 AM
It was only 5 months ago that i sold my 1989 Z24 and my 1990 Z24, but in ways it seems like a lifetime ago. I was at the time probably the only person in England to own 2 Chevrolet Cavaliers let alone 2 2nd Generation Z24's both of which had manual gearboxes! And at the time there were probably only 10 2nd Gens in the UK!!

Here is my 1990 which i purchased first:

Then i was told about a 1989 Z that was only 30 miles from me so after viewing it in the rain and falling for it i got it. She was a little rust on the arches and sills as she was from New York and the 90Z was from Clagary.

I do miss my 2nd Gens as i don't get as much attention in my new car and i miss having kids asking me if it had a V8 in it or if it was some kind of Skyline :lol: :lol: (this happened 4 times!) Unfortunately i found them to be not reliable enough for my needs so unfortunately i sold them on eBay. I lost a lot of money on them but with all the money i lost the good times made up for it! It also gave me the oppurtunity to find many different uses for the internet (beside looking at ladies :lol: :lol: ) as now i'm a member of various forums in America and the UK.

So Thanks for all the people on both sides of the atlantic who gave me support with the cars and who said they liked them.

So what have i got now? Well its gotta be slightly different so i've got 1 of 2 Toyota Cavaliers in England, maybe even Europe! Pity some fool has rebadged it as a Chevrolet! :nono:

Ta guys and thanks again

Ian

Click for pics of my Toyota 2.4Z
http://www.bristol-cruise.com/gallery/carphotos/carphotos.asp?id=49

Re: Memories!!!!
Monday, December 12, 2005 11:02 AM
man i wish j-bodies were rare in ontario...... everyone and there sister has all generation of j-bodies here lol
Monday, December 12, 2005 11:07 AM
same with the us

Monday, December 12, 2005 12:39 PM
Your gray Z was very beautiful. Although it sucks that you sold them, I think you made the right choice for your new car. How rare are berettas over there? I know they have the euro spec ones but are there any imported U.S. spec (I guess that's what you'd call it) ones?
Monday, December 12, 2005 1:06 PM
i'd say there are 2 Berettas over here for every J body. But there are loads of Fieros over here. Oh yeah and Camaros, 'Stangs, 'Vetts etc

Click for pics of my Toyota 2.4Z
http://www.bristol-cruise.com/gallery/carphotos/carphotos.asp?id=49
Monday, December 12, 2005 3:02 PM
Hehe in that case I should bring my sunbird if I ever come over. haha.. But still that is cool, and I love fiero fastbacks.
Monday, December 12, 2005 3:12 PM
i like the rear fog setup in the second pic... fits nicely in there

-marc

bahh its boosted
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search