One final pic you guys.... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
One final pic you guys....
Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:28 AM
I took this picture a few weeks ago...

and im sorry to say that I'm done you guys. I had a lot of fun over the years building this car and spending time on the .org learning. I figured i'd post this up because theres been alot of people asking me about the motor swap and how things in general are going with the car. Theres a lot going on in my life now and its finally time to start thinking about my future and whats most important in my life.

I'm not getting rid of the car, or the motor, and im not leaving the .org. I still love my car and will continue to drive it. I may mess around with the motor a little this winter, at least rebuild it to give me something to do when im back home on the weekends. I'll continue to post on here and be a part of the JBO, but all good things must come to an end eventually. Its time to move ahead with my life.

thanks guys

Re: One final pic you guys....
Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:37 AM
woah, This is a shocker to me. The car is looking sick. So much custom work. At least you aren't leaving for good. Good luck on the future. Stop back in sometime.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:41 AM
Same thing happened to me, its fun when your young, but when you have more important things on your plate, you learn to move away from the scene

Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:56 AM
Good Luck.

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:13 AM
Its not that I'm bored with it or anything, I like what I do, but when you get to the point where im at right now, you just need to start thinking priorities. I want to get married this coming summer, I want to be able to start saving for my future, and I want to get out of my debt that I have now.

I plan on fixing a few things on the car this winter, but otherwise i'm done modding for the time being. I've got a wonderful fiance I need to think about and try to establish a good start to our future. But hell, dont think you guys lost me that quick, I'll still be around

Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:20 AM
well good luck w/ whatever you get into next

glad your keeping the car after all the work you put into it.....and yea i understand what you mean by time to move on.....im only 19 so im still young and have some years to live with the rents and mod the car but in a few years it will be time to save for a house not for a supercharger

Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:21 AM
Yep.

Same here. I have stopped modding my cavy cause I bought a house. Dont get me wrong I love my car I wish I could continue to mod it but you just have to put things in "order." So now I live my dreams by coming on the ORG and seeing everyone else mod there cars. I wish you luck and the best advise I can give you when you get the urge to mod jump on the org and check out the sweet rides!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:29 AM
I saw this one coming...I'm not too sure why but I knew it.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:39 AM
1 HOT Z (Mark A) wrote:I saw this one coming...I'm not too sure why but I knew it.

Probably because we sink a bunch of money into @!#$ty cars then we realize how much of a waste it is. Then we decide we want more out of our lives.

I think that sums it up.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:41 AM
Thats why I'm trying to get the big $hit done first so that when my time comes to slow down I'll still continue but it will be with the smaller stuff at a slower pace

Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:10 PM
yeah man...i am not too far away from leaving the scene myself. Not completely but just taking a break I guess.

"All my life I have been trying to figure out who is behind this face of mine"

Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:20 PM
so no 3800 then?

good luck meck. if you want to hit up any shows, next year, just lemme know.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:37 PM
wow this sucks oen of the coolest peopel I have met on here but to be truthfull i saw this comign as well. well maybe i will see u around and I will hit u up on aol but I know what u mean u have to get ur famaly and life right befor u tinker with ur car and u are doing the right think well ttyl

Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:55 PM
strat81 wrote:so no 3800 then?

good luck meck. if you want to hit up any shows, next year, just lemme know.

Actually, i am keeping the motor, like i said im gonna rebuild the motor this winter to give me something to do. The way I'm looking at it right now, the swap will happen sometime in the future. I just need to give it up for a while and work on more important things.

I'll probably go to a few shows next year, we'll see what happens

Thursday, September 29, 2005 2:08 PM
just because your not modding the car doesnt mean your leaving the scene...

good luck with whatever you decide...your car looks good...not really to much left to do...thats all...

some people would of been done modding your car along time ago...but you took the extra steps to totally customize it...and you work shows!!!

im 23/Married/Work Alot/Coach Basketball...and i dont plan on stopping anytime soon...but its all in what you want...my car is my release from the everyday...

sounds like you know what you want too...so good luck...and keep it clean man...car looks great!

Thursday, September 29, 2005 2:30 PM
atleast your gonna hang around. good luck with the wedding

Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:37 PM
no big loss
Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:37 PM
Streaker1369 wrote: atleast your gonna hang around. good luck with the wedding

i need all the luck i can get

Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:50 PM
I won't even comment on Shady Z's comment.....

Anyhow, Greg....Just take some time man.....We all go throw phases like this. Trust me. I've seen it so many times with people, myself included. Set your priorities, get your @ss married, and work on the car in the background. This is a hobby......We do it to forget about the day to day BS. It looks like you won't have much time because of everything going on in your life. Hey.....It happens. At least you're not selling it and forgetting about it. I've seen many people sell what they've created and honestly, it sucks. I know it's life and it happens......Hell, I'll still be 50 sitting with my 'fire Keep floating around and keep in touch.......

Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:16 PM
Meckster.org (The Angry One) wrote:Its not that I'm bored with it or anything, I like what I do, but when you get to the point where im at right now, you just need to start thinking priorities. I want to get married this coming summer, I want to be able to start saving for my future, and I want to get out of my debt that I have now.

Dont feel alone...getting married next fall...already have a house that Im paying on and getting ready to move into. Sucks cuz you get to a point of where its like do I wanna spend this money on this thing I really wanna do very badly to my car or should I do the smart thing and spend the money on other more important things that are goin on. Good to see youre not selling the car or leaving the org.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:01 PM
Thanks you guys, you make it a lot easier for me, i appreciate the encouragement

Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:03 PM
priorities.. or a reality check is always hard.. I've went through alot here recently myself deciding to get out of it.. I mean it seems pointless to me to sink all this in a car you will never get over 5k back from when you sell it. you could be like Joe and keep your cavalier till your 50.. But change is good and moving on can be good to. I mean I've dumped 1/2 the cost of a nice house.. or more into all my cars over the years.. gotten maybe 8k in return. then again its late and i dunno what im talking about.
GOOD LUCK MECK, we all need it especially in relationships. Sounds like you got a good girl tho so keep her happy

[IMG]hp://www.winksonline.com/catalog/images/forsalesig1.jpg[/IMG]
Friday, September 30, 2005 10:04 AM
Greg,
I have felt the same way too, I want to walk away and sell the car and move on but then I love to go to shows and be apart of it. My husband and I have been together for over 7 years now and there are things that we would like to have like a baby, but the car scene is still in the picture, plus i'm still in school. I understand how you feel. Good luck with the wedding, trust me it will all work out and good luck with the car and whatever you choose to do with it.
Friday, September 30, 2005 10:41 AM
Quote:

Anyhow, Greg....Just take some time man.....We all go throw phases like this. Trust me. I've seen it so many times with people, myself included. Set your priorities, get your @ss married, and work on the car in the background. This is a hobby......We do it to forget about the day to day BS. It looks like you won't have much time because of everything going on in your life. Hey.....It happens. At least you're not selling it and forgetting about it. I've seen many people sell what they've created and honestly, it sucks. I know it's life and it happens......Hell, I'll still be 50 sitting with my 'fire Keep floating around and keep in touch.......

^^^He's right & I feel the exact same way about my Cavalier. That's why I tried to do
as much as I could to it before I bought a new $130,000 house. That equals out
to $900 a month when you do the math. That doesn't leave me much money to
really do anything to my car. Most of my friends are buying SuperChargers, Turbos,
Different Body Kits, New Rims & Tires & all other sorts of stuff...... but my car still
sits the same. And that is why. Not much $$$ anymore for modding. My house is more important.

You will be fine, Greg. Trust me.

"Your Premier Source For Automotive Neon & Accessories!"
Friday, September 30, 2005 8:40 PM
best of luck to you man

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search