lower mount installed, video. ( need host) - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lower mount installed, video. ( need host)
Monday, September 19, 2005 6:26 PM
i made a video to show the change in the engine roll after installing the lower motor mount for my eco. but it is 5.28MB so i need a host if anyone wants to help.

Re: lower mount installed, video. ( need host)
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:55 AM
streetfire.net
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:14 PM
e-mail it to me--I will host it

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:25 PM
1cavy wrote:streetfire.net

please dont use that.. use Putfile or email it to red04cavy

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:42 PM
just use putfile.com. that is where I was gonna put it anyhow.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:40 PM
thanks guys, here.

let me know what you think

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:08 PM
Sweet, I assume it should help put the power to the ground better now, i'm just assuming cuz I ordered the upper and lower mounts for my ECOTEC and will be installing them soon hopefully. How does it feel when driving?

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:08 AM
I love having both mounts. It doesn't vibrate as bad as i thought it would. Believe it or not, my old auto 2.2 OHV vibrated worse than my 5-speed ECO does. In my old 2.2, you could watch the dash shake sitting at stoplights. The only time the dash shakes in this car is when i kind of lug it starting out.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:19 AM
sweet.. i love the sound of engines around like 3000rpm with an intake... hate to say it, but the VTEC sounds amazing around that rpm... (without a muffler, just intake)

good vid!.. get a CAI now!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:22 PM
how hard was it to install ? im planning on getting some real soon like next weekend

"Boost tuning"....... have you had your 8 PSI today?

future name of the winter shop!!!
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:29 PM
seasons z24 wrote:how hard was it to install ? im planning on getting some real soon like next weekend

Install is super easy. The only thing I have that may have been more simple to install is the AEM clutch fluid reservoir holder.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:37 PM
it isn't that hard. jack up the car, remove the pass side wheel, remove the wheel well cover, un bolt the two 15 mm bolts, remove the old one, beat the new one in with a hammer, i had to, bolt it back up. for me the hardest part was trying to get the wheel well cover off and back on. why do they use those stupid push retainers. the wires for the abs sensor are a pain two. i thought that i could do it with out reemoving the cover but, i could't remove the bolts without an impact.

thanks. i really having noticed that much of a difference. it felt like it was pulling a little harder, but that maybe because i wanted to feel a difference. you feel a little shaking when you let out the clutch to start off and when you try to accel ftom 35mph in 5th gear. i am going to the track this weekend( unoin grove, wi Great Lakes dragaway) and i will see what the numbers say.

what i have seen from the video is the mount does help when you hit the gas, which is important. but when you let off the gas it rocks back and shakes the car a bit. when i get the uppper i will add it to the video.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:28 PM
Is getting engine mounts worth it. I have a friend that thinks they will give our cars too much vibration. Actually thats waht his dad said and hes a car technician. I think he doesnt know what he is missing out on. I keep telling him the vibration isnt as bad as he thinks, be he wont believe me.

Do you guys think I should get them installed, are they good mods for only like $60?
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:51 PM
for now it is ok. but it will be total worth it if you plan on modding you car. they claim to recover 10 ft/lb of torque that you lose thur the divetrain. at ilde you can't really tell.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:06 PM
Hey Rick-think i should get one of those after i get done putting in my TURBO?

Boosted 97 2.2L 5 Speed
Boosted 3.4L soon to come
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:46 PM
Sunfire GTR wrote:Hey Rick-think i should get one of those after i get done putting in my TURBO?

You should have them already or put them in BEFORE the turbo.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 3:21 PM
.JeRsEy KiD.* wrote:
Sunfire GTR wrote:Hey Rick-think i should get one of those after i get done putting in my TURBO?

You should have them already or put them in BEFORE the turbo.

LOL. we are suppost to being installing his turbo this weekend. if all the parts come in. it wouldn't hurt. i would.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 5:27 PM
they need these for cobalts

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search