info on an 99 instrument cluster - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
info on an 99 instrument cluster
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:57 PM
I have a 99 cavalier it does not have a tach i have tried to search but have not found the info i am looking for. What i would like to know is what cluster could i put in if i can find one with a tach. I only ask because mine has the digital odometer and i don`t know if it will switch with a newer one also could i use a sunfire cluster if so what year would work. If anyone has any info where they have changed these i would really like the help thanks

Re: info on an 99 instrument cluster
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:18 PM
I havent done this but I have a sunfire 2000 and I think this type of cluster will fit ur cav and it has a tach. It shouldnt be very difficult to find one in ur local junkyard.

Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac...
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:10 PM
the plug on the back of a 99 is different from the 2000.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:37 PM
kobrah1 wrote:the plug on the back of a 99 is different from the 2000.

So is the serial data stream. The 99 shares the same basic protocols as the 95-98.

I have not confirmed this theory, but I believe you can swap the odometers as well. I think the main circuit send the same signal to the digital odometer as it does the mechanical. I have dissected quite a few clusters, but not a 99, but the data stream is consistant in these cars.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:14 PM
ok thanks for the info guys
Friday, September 26, 2008 12:36 PM
I'm using a 98 sunfire cluster in my 99 sunfire. So you should be able to use a 98 as well as long as its digital.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search