Just need a quick yes or no answer(dome/mirror lig - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just need a quick yes or no answer(dome/mirror lig
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:34 PM
Alright, this weekend im going to pick up a couple interior panels and oen is including a Headliner.. they said if i can find one with the mirror with map lights feel free to take it and cut as much of the harness off that i need..

Will this splice directly in place with mine? i have teh 3 bulb dome light with the map lights in the headliner not mirror.. i wouldnt think there would be any probs but im curious to as will it all be the same as of wire colors and what not?

Re: Just need a quick yes or no answer(dome/mirror lig
Friday, June 30, 2006 4:38 AM
yes no

lol

i'd almost bet it will be the same. gm only changes things when it have to. i'd bet they are the same but ive been known to be wrong. oh and your a bastard because i want a new headliner lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Just need a quick yes or no answer(dome/mirror
Friday, June 30, 2006 5:09 AM
^^ lmao.. they have a couple graphite ones and alot of bieges.. 20 bucks.. i dont know bout sunroofs tho. i can look for ya if want.. ill be there tomma before Jeff and eric drive up north cuz i getting some interior panels for jeff..

Friday, June 30, 2006 11:31 AM
i added the rear view with map lights into my 00 sedan , and you want to get about 3 foot of the wiring for them , and the colors should match , and you should have to ground the black wire

if you can find the graphite headliner for the sunroof , i need the sun roof piece , it comes out very easy there is 2 snap clips on each side , but the sun roof has to be open , its for my g/fs cav , and i just need that part

Saturday, July 01, 2006 7:45 AM
hey if u find one that will fit a sunfire with a sunroof buy it and i'll drive up and pick it up. the one i have now is fiberglassed and wrapped in black vynal but i want to just wrap a stock one in black suede. i can use the sunroof cover piece as well but thats not as important to me as the headliner.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, July 01, 2006 7:51 AM
should wire right up

Saturday, July 01, 2006 11:03 AM
^^ i hope so..and today i managed to get 2 of em for free.. only one has wiring tho which was wired to a sunroof also which i hope wont cause any probs since i dont have one.. hopefully itll just have left over wires..

sndsgood wrote:hey if u find one that will fit a sunfire with a sunroof buy it and i'll drive up and pick it up. the one i have now is fiberglassed and wrapped in black vynal but i want to just wrap a stock one in black suede. i can use the sunroof cover piece as well but thats not as important to me as the headliner.

I didnt look today but i noticed alot of cavs and fires with sunroofs.. im going back sometime this week to swap out a door panel(accidently got 2 pass ones and i need to swap one for a driverside one), and my headliner.. do u want me to just pick it up and u meet me or just get u pics then u can go there urself and take it out? for a headliner its only 20 bucks if u pull it out... so i could cover it if u pay me back. and do u want a graphite one or any color? Lemme know

Monday, July 03, 2006 4:04 PM
Ok im going to answer my own question for future reference..

When i got my headliner i noticed the car i was getting it from had no map lights what so ever so there were only 2 wires connecting to it so i figured that would make wiring the new mirror and dome in a hella lot easier.. so i cut the dome light wires out down the pillar so i had plenty of wire and got the dome light and all with it.. came home and took my new mirror with map lights and the dome light wires.. peeled back the wires on my harness in teh pillar and yet enough.. only 3 wires.. White,Orange,Black the dome light only had White and orange but the map light had white orange and black so i figured since the dome is tied into the map lights itll be grounded also.. So i proceeded to just wire the oranges to orange, whites to white, and the black to black. Worked great just like factory.. EASY

Now once i got that done i realized my map lights came on with the dome lights(like there supposed to). anytime the door was open or i used the fader to turn on the dome they would also be on.. well im putting a green LED in my dome.. and i didnt want the white LEDs in the mirror to kinda irreterupt the greeness.. So i wanted to wire it so the maplights only turned on by the mirror switches..

Map Light Wire colors/actions
Orange Wire = Power source
White Wire = Door open/fader Switch "ON"
Black Wire from map lights = Ground

So if u want to wire them like i did so the map lights only turned on by the switches on the mirror all you do is cap off the white wire coming from the map lights and walah! they both function only by pushing the buttons on the mirror.. Easy as cake to figure out also..

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:12 PM
how about this one... I added a headliner with the maplights in it, and I only had the orange and white wires.... I didn't know what to do with the black one, so it's just taped up.

the lights work with the dimmer switch and when the door open and closes, but I can't the maplights to work by themselves when I push the buttons. I think they're supposed to work when you push the button... right? Or are they not working like that because I didn't ground the black wire? and if so... where should I ground the black wire to?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search