Reverse Glow - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Reverse Glow
Monday, May 22, 2006 10:45 AM
Hey i can't find anywhere a set of reverse glow gauges made specifically for an 05 cavalier. I found a set on procarparts.com but they say they are for an 02, but the gauge layout is exactly the same as my 05. Will these work with my 2005 or not? thanks

Re: Reverse Glow
Monday, May 22, 2006 10:53 AM
yes and no

your not "supposed" to remove the needles on the 03+

i have and hadn't had any issues

thats me tho

Monday, May 22, 2006 10:59 AM
chev_cav04 wrote:Hey i can't find anywhere a set of reverse glow gauges made specifically for an 05 cavalier. I found a set on procarparts.com but they say they are for an 02, but the gauge layout is exactly the same as my 05. Will these work with my 2005 or not? thanks

i have the set made for 02's on my 03 they fit and work perfect, you dont need to remove the needles just turn them so there all facing ruffly 10 oclock then just feed all the needles thru the holes and carefully slide the face on. i would advise highly against removing the needles, granted you can get lucky like ozzie but for the most part you'll just @!#$ em up.

Monday, May 22, 2006 11:16 AM

Monday, May 22, 2006 10:28 PM
thanks guys
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:26 PM
When I bought my reverse glows, mine said they were for "03/04", but they worked on my 05, lol. Reason for being is that for basically 00+, its the same cluster. Like they said thuogh, you aren't supposed to remove the needles on them though, so you'll have to slide the face over them very carefully.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:04 PM
So basically you just leave the old gauges in and slide the new one over top of it without removing the needles right? I'm curious because I want to order a set sometime soon. Sorry for the noobish question.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:42 PM
Thats about it. Just slide the new gauges over the needles very carefully, and then wire them up and you're good to go. Takes about 30-minutes to install them in total.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search