Where to hook racing harnesses to in the back? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where to hook racing harnesses to in the back?
Sunday, March 26, 2006 3:57 PM
Ok well i am trying to find a way to hook up racing harnesses to the back.... my one buddy has harnesses that have a seat belt clip on them and he just attached it to the seat seat belt as you would normally clip the seat belt together....

2nd way would be to bolt it to my baby seat things at the back (center one or one of the sides ones)

3rd way would be to run the harnesses kind of threw the back of the seat (where the top part meat the bottom.. the little slot) and bolt it up with the other seat belts...

so i guess my main question is how are you guys running yours? and if you have pictures post them up please...

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno

Re: Where to hook racing harnesses to in the back?
Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:57 PM
Josh F wrote:Ok well i am trying to find a way to hook up racing harnesses to the back.... my one buddy has harnesses that have a seat belt clip on them and he just attached it to the seat seat belt as you would normally clip the seat belt together....

2nd way would be to bolt it to my baby seat things at the back (center one or one of the sides ones)

3rd way would be to run the harnesses kind of threw the back of the seat (where the top part meat the bottom.. the little slot) and bolt it up with the other seat belts...

so i guess my main question is how are you guys running yours? and if you have pictures post them up please...

OK you've been here for how long? And you still can't search? Seriously that is pathetic. Even more so because there is a post about THIS EXACT THING ON THIS PAGE! This site needs to ban more people for not searching. It's ridiculous.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, March 27, 2006 1:01 AM
well funny i read over it and it didnt answer my question at the time... so thanks any way buddy... and i didnt see him putting up the 3 ways i said and asking which would work did he? so how about you sit back and relax, and stop being like %90 of this site and worked up to easly... it wont kill you to have another post will it? its not going to effect you in any way... you just wanted to be an ignorant prick and come on and and bitch... if there is so many of them why did you bother clicking on it.. reading it, wasting your time and wasting more time to type and complain?

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
Monday, March 27, 2006 4:19 AM
well, i think you pretty much summed up how most people who don't have a roll cage or harness bar install their harnesses, those ways are the only safe ways.

and why is everone so into racing harnesses right now anyways, you realize they aren't DOT legal

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, March 27, 2006 8:36 AM
Monday, March 27, 2006 2:00 PM
Josh F wrote:well funny i read over it and it didnt answer my question at the time... so thanks any way buddy... and i didnt see him putting up the 3 ways i said and asking which would work did he? so how about you sit back and relax, and stop being like %90 of this site and worked up to easly... it wont kill you to have another post will it? its not going to effect you in any way... you just wanted to be an ignorant prick and come on and and bitch... if there is so many of them why did you bother clicking on it.. reading it, wasting your time and wasting more time to type and complain?

Just because the post doesn't contain the EXACT thing you want to know doesn't mean you can't combine your questions into his. And yes it does affect me...I have to wade through all the BS repeat questions to find people who actually need help.

Monday, March 27, 2006 2:46 PM
mikec2003 wrote:well, i think you pretty much summed up how most people who don't have a roll cage or harness bar install their harnesses, those ways are the only safe ways.

and why is everone so into racing harnesses right now anyways, you realize they aren't DOT legal

well my reason behind them is im getting into the auto x cross and lots of other racing this year with my car and i got the new sparco seats so these just go along with them...

Wild Weasel wrote:http://www.wildweasel.ca/j-body/HowTo/racingharness.asp

thanks for that, and yea i do get the points your trying to make there... and the only time i would be using the harness would be auto x... because with them on its almost imposible to do sholder checking and what not... so it would be a street only use for me... but saying that and reading your writte up... i think it would still be fine if i bolted it back with the rear seat belts....and then like i had said only use it for street use...

Monday, March 27, 2006 3:56 PM
oh well if its only for auto x then it doesn't really matter, as long as they hold you in place, not like your gonna crash on an auto x track

Hail Satan

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:44 AM
havnt seen anyone personally crashing autocrossing but have seen allot of cars going around corners with wheels in the air.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:23 PM
WW's post dosn't actually say anything about how to install, it's an opinion piece. I suggest both visiting Sparco's and Takata's websites.

Takata has their instructions available on their website. Sparco provides a 3rd party document on the installation. Yes, they are contradictory.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:00 PM
sndsgood wrote:havnt seen anyone personally crashing autocrossing but have seen allot of cars going around corners with wheels in the air.

aint it cool my car does that every auto x

Hail Satan

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:26 PM
Josh F wrote:well funny i read over it and it didnt answer my question at the time... so thanks any way buddy... and i didnt see him putting up the 3 ways i said and asking which would work did he? so how about you sit back and relax, and stop being like %90 of this site and worked up to easly... it wont kill you to have another post will it? its not going to effect you in any way... you just wanted to be an ignorant prick and come on and and bitch... if there is so many of them why did you bother clicking on it.. reading it, wasting your time and wasting more time to type and complain?

Just ignore some of his dumb @!#$ comments.

I say if you didn't find your answer in other posts, then it's definatly fair game to make a thread similar to answer your specific question.

And hypsy, get off your high horse. you are not the only one on this site.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:59 PM
teh Sunfires... (Tom) wrote:

Just ignore some of his dumb @!#$ comments.

I say if you didn't find your answer in other posts, then it's definatly fair game to make a thread similar to answer your specific question.

And hypsy, get off your high horse. you are not the only one on this site.

Hey Tom...get lost. All you do is make stupid comments in the threads I post in. Get over it. I own a business and don't have a store...oh no...what a reason to try and start a fight in every thread. s eyes* Besides, my horse isn't high...I don't really like heights.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:02 PM
Cherubim wrote:WW's post dosn't actually say anything about how to install, it's an opinion piece. I suggest both visiting Sparco's and Takata's websites.

Takata has their instructions available on their website. Sparco provides a 3rd party document on the installation. Yes, they are contradictory.

thanks man.. ill check that out and see what i come up with..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search