HELP!!!!, trying to remove entire dash - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP!!!!, trying to remove entire dash
Monday, October 03, 2005 5:54 PM
does any have the breakdown of where all the bolts are that i need to remove the entire dash, not just the radio bezel and the top portion, the WHOLE thing.

Re: HELP!!!!, trying to remove entire dash
Monday, October 03, 2005 7:47 PM
i think the steering wheel has to come off too man but thats all i know, lol

Monday, October 03, 2005 7:51 PM
BINGO!!!!!!

CLICK ME BABY!

01 2200.
Monday, October 03, 2005 8:52 PM
that, the airbags, the plastic steering wheel cover, (that you wont get off unless you remove the tilt thing, then theres alos a couple of bolts you can see through the glove box, and at the edge, then you gott remove your turn signals, and windshield washer controls...........
everything is pretty self explanatory.... no real big trick to it, just a PITA... thats it

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:23 AM
its not really that hard though. once you get the basic stuff off. just follow around the entire edge of the dash assembly and remove the bolts as you come to it. i did it in a about an hour and ahalf the first time without any clue of where things were.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, November 24, 2005 8:14 AM
Do you have to remove the steering wheel?
Thursday, November 24, 2005 9:05 AM
^^im pretty sure you do. that isnt hard though. prolly the least of your worries in this project

Thursday, November 24, 2005 5:08 PM
just like a lot of things its always good to ask i just found a obd2 computer reader for when the engine light comes on it tells ya what sensor is bad and more (saves ya money) gm dealer wants $70 to tell you the same thing...... Anyways the best way to take apart the dash is read up on it use a car book made just for you cav, i have a (Haynes repair manual 1995 thru 2000) $20 @ most auto parts stores ( in canada..canadian tire etc ..usa walmart, target, pep boys etc,) its a bible to me it will show you how it take the dash off right to the fire wall and yes there's pics and the tools you will need buy baggies for the nuts and bolts trust me!!!!! good luck!!

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4235/jim25ek.jpg
Thursday, November 24, 2005 5:59 PM
james roberts <--- where did you get the reader and for how much?

Thursday, November 24, 2005 8:34 PM
i got mine at canadian tire there stores are all over canada i haven't seen any in the u.s. it cost about $25 can, are 15 to 20 us. the haynes manual company is base in newbury park ca, ....try your local auto part store they have too have them the book shows everything from wiring to a full engine replacement and any car as well ...#hit think i sould be a salesmen for these guys..lol oh yeah try haynesbooks on search theres other manuals with diffrent names aswell but there basically all the same gm pics wiring dia,

Friday, November 25, 2005 6:07 PM
does it just give you a ode to look it up, or will it actaully tell you what the issue is....

Sunday, November 27, 2005 7:30 AM
james roberts wrote:i got mine at canadian tire there stores are all over canada i haven't seen any in the u.s. it cost about $25 can, are 15 to 20 us. the haynes manual company is base in newbury park ca, ....try your local auto part store they have too have them the book shows everything from wiring to a full engine replacement and any car as well ...#hit think i sould be a salesmen for these guys..lol oh yeah try haynesbooks on search theres other manuals with diffrent names aswell but there basically all the same gm pics wiring dia,

Buzz122 is asking about your OBD II reader.

Yes it will tell you the code and comes with a little booklet that describes what the code means.

Looks like this:

Description:

Quote:

The Inova 3100 code reader makes it easy to quickly retrieve stored diagnostic information from your vehicle�s computer memory.

* Easy to use and view with no complex, multiple screens; everything is displayed on a single large screen
* Monitor status indicates if all monitors have completed testing and if the vehicle is ready for emissions testing
* Monitor icons indicate which monitors are supported by the vehicle being tested and if the related monitor has its diagnostic tests
* Check engine light icon verifies which code, if any, commanded this light to go on
* DTC (diagnostic trouble code) sequence identifies the causes of the check engine light coming on
* Pending icon warns of potential problems; tools icon show tool's current testing state
* Works on all 1996 and newer cars, trucks, and SUVs that are OBDII compliant
* ERASE button clears monitors and resets "CHECK ENGINE" light
* Model No. 3100

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Sunday, November 27, 2005 7:40 PM
Yes sorry i forgot the scanner comes with the how too's and all the code numbers and there meaning I.E. mine was (P0507) on the scanner. I looked it up in the booklet that comes with the scanner and the book told me : P0507>Idle control system RPM Higher than Expected. i then went the my hanyes manual to read up on where that would be a problem it showed the I.AC. valve and told to try and remove it and inspect it as well as clean it out (carbon ) and put it back or replace it since i just sprayed carb cleaner in the trottle body last week and the IAC is just behind it i know where all the crap (carbon) went into the IAC and jamed the pindel open letting to much air into the injectors anywaysssssssssssss sorry back to the topic i'm currently removing my dash aswell to repaint it theres a whole way of doing to in the right order don't do it fast and start losing it and end up breaking off screws and plastic holders etc. even try going to a gm dealer at the parts counter and bring a coffee for the guy and ask him to copy of some pics of the removel of the dash they have them there trust me..

Sunday, November 27, 2005 8:37 PM
so besides canadian tire and auto, where else would it be possible to find one, and for how much?

Monday, November 28, 2005 11:34 AM
i've got pics, http://www.cardomain.com/id/z22styles its on page 2 or 3

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Monday, November 28, 2005 12:40 PM
Vehicle service manuals: Haynes publications - 861 lawrence drive, newbury park, California 91320 usa free# 800-442-9637

Mitchell International- 14145 danielson street, poway, california 92064 free# 888 724-6742

Motor publications 5600 crooks road, suite 200, troy, michigan 48098 free# 800 426-6867

gm factory service manuals ....helm lnc.-14310 hamilton ave, highland park, michigan 48203 # free 800 782-4356

I can't give you more than that! i know my area (ontairo) but hell all the stuff comes from the usa lol i know at the libary i can get car books just phone some auto part stores and ask if they carry any of the car book manuals try walmart or target<< i think its called down south

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search