Carbon Fiber A-Pillers w/ gauge pods - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Carbon Fiber A-Pillers w/ gauge pods
Sunday, October 02, 2005 10:41 PM
I've spoken (through email) to a company that, given the level of interest, could possibly duplicate our A-pillers in CARBON FIBER, adding gauge pods to the drivers piller. These would fit 95-02 2 door Cavaliers and Sunfires, and SHOULD fit 03-05 (replaces your stock ones, so it should fit....... 4 doors are out of luck, unless there is enough interest)

The company I've contacted is Carbon TriX-Road///Race Motorsports.

He has requested for me to find people who are interested, and to get him pics of the items.

I for one am interested........ is anyone else? (I know I've seen this come up before).

Also, does anyone have any good pics of the parts? I dont have a digicam to take pics with right now.

Sample of their work

Thank you for helping me get these made for us.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Re: Carbon Fiber A-Pillers w/ gauge pods
Monday, October 03, 2005 3:07 AM
I'm interested as long as they make both side for our cars like they did in the pic you posted and the price is a good one so my question is how much ??? there are alot of people that won't say anything without a price

Monday, October 03, 2005 4:34 AM
i'd be interested in both sides with out gauge pillars in them

http://members.cardomain.com/bozeybeau

Monday, October 03, 2005 7:23 AM
I'm interested to. I'm about to buy a new pod and a CF one would be sweet. Could you see if they would make the passenger one with spots for gauges to??

Monday, October 03, 2005 7:31 AM
I'm not too far away from RRM. If need be I can take my 03 up to them to see if they'll fit. As long as they have them done by the end of Oct.

Monday, October 03, 2005 8:20 AM
yeah i'm in if they fit the 03-05 and make it a tripple instead of a double pod.

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:31 AM
Just an FYI for clarification... the 03-05 pillars are significantly different than the 95-02 pillars. They would have to make 2 separate molds/pillars.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:42 AM
^^^ I'm not trying to start a war or anything Jason. But from my experience I was able to fit a 00+ 3 pod pillar to my 04 without major problems. I did not have to modify anything. I just had to give it a little push to get it in. It also had a small gap at the top between the pillar and headliner.

It would probably be better to make two molds, but if only one is created I think the 03+ guys could install the 00+ and still be satisfied by it.

Monday, October 03, 2005 10:31 AM
^^ May work... I never tried.

I just know that the 03-05 & 95-02 pillars look quite a bit different, and have different top & bottom curves to them.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Monday, October 03, 2005 2:59 PM
im interested but in a triple pod instead of a double pod and have a replacement for the other side

Monday, October 03, 2005 6:05 PM
I'm interested but i am with every1 else they have 2 a good enough price 2 buy! i also agree with cavipower1 there should be a triple pod but still have the dual as well!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:58 AM
I have no deff. price as of right now, but in compairison their FULL pillers w/ pods go for $240ish..... and most, if not all, are Dual pods. I can see about getting Tripple pods put in. As for gauges on the passenger side....... idk..... that would have to probably be a one-off/special order deal.

Jason, I know the 03-05 pillers are different, but I've seen 95-02 pillers in a 03, and they fit pretty good.

Right now, this is just to test the waters. I'll send him a link to both of my posts, and get him pics of the parts. Once he has that, he could probably give me a ball park price on them.

Thanks for showing interest.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search