Suede Dash - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suede Dash
Saturday, October 01, 2005 7:53 PM
Planning on doing my dash pad in suede, but im unsure of how to stretch it around the gauge pod, on the 95-99 sunfire there is the lower part and im thinking if i wrap around the whole area, cut a slit, and try to stretch it in around the opening, just wondering what everyone else has done (doesn't matter the material, suede, tweed etc). Don't really want to try it, and not being able to stretch it enough and either ripping the suede or having to try to make chicken soup from chicken @!#$ after i @!#$ it up

Re: Suede Dash
Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:39 AM
good luck man, i did my dash in tweed and it was a major PIA trying to get it to lay right over the gauge area.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:32 AM
i was looking at the dash the other day and i dont think you could wrap it in one piece without some major issues. i may be wrong but i know i couldnt do it. if i were to do it, i'd go to an upolsterer and have him sew a piece up with a couple seams so ift fits tightly and nice without any wrinkles.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:33 AM
Yea its just too curvey and long, I don't think one piece will cover it nicley unless it was a very stretchy material you would use. Suede on top of that would be even harder to work with/

Friday, October 07, 2005 12:21 AM
i tweeded my dash in one piece of tweed, I just started on the curvey side away from the gauge cluster and worked my way over. I then just tweeded over the gauge cluster opening and cut a slit in it and rolled it into the gause cluster, i then made some strips and folded over one edge of them and laid those over the gaps that were left from cutting the tweed. I will get some pics of it up later on today.

Saturday, October 08, 2005 8:04 AM
[quote=ŠleveŽ One]i tweeded my dash in one piece of tweed, I just started on the curvey side away from the gauge cluster and worked my way over. I then just tweeded over the gauge cluster opening and cut a slit in it and rolled it into the gause cluster, i then made some strips and folded over one edge of them and laid those over the gaps that were left from cutting the tweed. I will get some pics of it up later on today.

Yea but imagine how bad that would look if you were working with leather or Suede

Warning: Several things: your signature is too wide (500x200 limit), the smileys jerking off is
inappropriate and the file size of your signature exceeds the 80k limit. Please change it
before you post again.
Expires: Saturday, October 8, 2005 9:31 PM PT
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:10 AM
i tweeded my dash with no problem at all. Door panels... Now thats another story.....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search