Problem with Ebay leds... - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problem with Ebay leds...
Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:35 PM
1 week ago I bought those leds from Ebay. Now today while installing my alarm system since the dash was already removed I replaced the 2 stock bulbs in my HVAC with these. The left side of the hvac isn't very bright, right side doesn't light up, and my cluster is half as bright as what is was before, if not less.

I mean, we only unscrewed the cluster while installing the alarm because we needed room, but didn't touch anything in it. Can it be the new hvac leds? What I did wrong?

Re: Problem with Ebay leds...
Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:41 PM
I looked at it again. Finally the cluster is like 1/4 bright as before, REALLY hard to read at night. And I also lost all my cd player settings.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 5:17 PM
Even wide angle leds don't illuminate as much surface area as a regular incandescent will. That being said, if you're simply swapping out the stock bulbs in your HVAC with #74 leds, it's not going to light up as bright as before.

For best results, you'd have to wire up a third led and position one bulb behind each knob. That still doesn't explain why the right knob won't light up on your HVAC. Perhaps one of the bulbs is defective. Try switching it out with the other led and see if you still have the same problem.

With regards to your cluster.....no offense but did you check your dimmer switch? There's a good chance that you brushed against it when you were removing the dash. If you're lucky, a quick toggle might increase the cluster brightness.

Losing your CD settings will happen if you disconnect your negative battery terminal (which is recommended before removing your dash).

These are the easy answers, but hopefully they help.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Saturday, October 01, 2005 6:31 PM
KreepyGuy wrote:
With regards to your cluster.....no offense but did you check your dimmer switch?

I love you. And this forum needs an embarassed smiley...

I'll try switching the two leds tomorrow to see what's the problem with the right one, thanks.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 10:24 PM
leds are not like the incandecent blubs(just pluging it in an go) try taking the one that doesnt work out of the socket and turning it 180 degrees and plug it back in, if that doesnt work the led is defective. i have those same exact leds(from the same seller too!!) in my havc and the samething happened and thats what i did to solve it. hope this helps.

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:34 AM
yeah, one side has a resistor, the other a dioide, just gotta turn them around if not lit..... and yes, they are slighty dimmer, but boy do they look awsome.......

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search