does anybody here have these gauge faces? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
does anybody here have these gauge faces?
Friday, September 30, 2005 3:33 PM
I am really interested in changing to a reverse glow gauge but I don't want to get scammed with some low quality product that stops working after 3 weeks. I found this on ebay and i love the look. Is this quality? does anybody have these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/i411-2000-02-01-PONTIAC-SUNFIRE-REVERSE-EL-GLOW-GAUGES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43952QQitemZ8003530729QQrdZ1

If i should stay away from this, can anybody recommend a good quality reverse glow gauge? links will also help

2002 sunfire SE coupe

Re: does anybody here have these gauge faces?
Friday, September 30, 2005 7:08 PM
what really confuses me is I found what looks to be the exact same gauge face for $40

http://www.elgauges.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=223

so confused...

Friday, September 30, 2005 11:10 PM
i have these gauges for my 02 cav and so far i haven't had a problem i payed 49$ after shipping and everything.. umm ya they seem alrite they look way nice when lit up well hope you find what your looking for bud....

if u have anymore questions just ask...

Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:03 AM
I paid about $40 for my reverse glows which are the same style as those only for my 05 cavi, and haven't had a problem. have had them for about 3/4 months now.
Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:49 PM
Sorry for the newb moment. I have a base 01 Cavi. Are the gauge's model specific? Base, EL, etc... The pic looks like my base gauges, but says EL, does it matter?

Help!

http://www.elgauges.com/ProductImages/rig-gauges/RIG-216.jpg

Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:21 AM
^only difference that there will be in the same year is if it has a tach or not.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:38 AM
That's what I thought & was hoping to hear, thanks BoltZ!

Peace Out!

Monday, October 03, 2005 8:30 AM
if you want to do something where you don't wnat to mess with the needles and worrying if they work right when you're done go to Black Cat and they have a whole interchangeable cluster with your chioce of guage face color and back light color, it's a good deal and they give you money back when you send them your stock cluster. But if you're comfortable with messing with the needles then be my guest but from my experience it's not that fun. Good Luck.

Monday, October 03, 2005 11:49 AM
Harvey Philemon wrote:if you want to do something where you don't wnat to mess with the needles and worrying if they work right when you're done go to Black Cat and they have a whole interchangeable cluster with your chioce of guage face color and back light color, it's a good deal and they give you money back when you send them your stock cluster. But if you're comfortable with messing with the needles then be my guest but from my experience it's not that fun. Good Luck.

you dont have to mess w/ the needles. theres no reason to. every overlay i did worked perfect and i never touched the needles except for pointing them all up when i slid the overlay on

Monday, October 03, 2005 5:55 PM
Quick question: I noticed my needles are white and the face I ordered is white (they light up blue). I think this might be hard to see during the day? I was thinking of maybe using nail polish or some other color paint on the needles. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Peace Out!

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:17 PM
Harvey Philemon wrote:if you want to do something where you don't wnat to mess with the needles and worrying if they work right when you're done go to Black Cat and they have a whole interchangeable cluster with your chioce of guage face color and back light color, it's a good deal and they give you money back when you send them your stock cluster. But if you're comfortable with messing with the needles then be my guest but from my experience it's not that fun. Good Luck.

thats an awsome site

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 1:31 AM
I have pretty much the same gauges on my cav...... look sweet at night.

I have no problem seeing my needles over my white face gauges during the day, but if you want to paint them, go ahead.

The difference in price = EBAY ($13 shipping) and the Web site has FREE shipping....... Ebay sellers count on people bidding on their products, raising the price.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:19 AM
Yeah I came accross the site on here actually.

Quote:

ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)
Yesterday 2:49 PM

Harvey Philemon wrote:

if you want to do something where you don't wnat to mess with the needles and worrying if they work right when you're done go to Black Cat and they have a whole interchangeable cluster with your chioce of guage face color and back light color, it's a good deal and they give you money back when you send them your stock cluster. But if you're comfortable with messing with the needles then be my guest but from my experience it's not that fun. Good Luck.

you dont have to mess w/ the needles. theres no reason to. every overlay i did worked perfect and i never touched the needles except for pointing them all up when i slid the overlay on

Sorry I thought they were like my truck where you couldn't slide them on.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search