Need to change my interior some suggestions? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need to change my interior some suggestions?
Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:08 AM
well ive got black rims and black headlights and tails.. so its obviously time for me to lose the white interior.. i was thinking about painting all the white parts in the interior black.. and buying some blue paint from the outside of my car to match the interior
1). what about the white face gauges?
2) the white hvac overlay? will those look stupid? i
i thought about just leaving the vents white with the gauges and hvac white also because i have LEDS in the vents and they show up better on white

here are a couple pix if anyone is able to photoshop the white parts EXCLUDING the vents black that would be awsome

Re: Need to change my interior some suggestions?
Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:54 AM
Personally I would strive to find a two tone idea only. You got 3 colors going on in there and it just doesn't seem right to me imo. I would go with maybe blue of your car and charcoal. or something like that.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:21 PM
if you can get me some higherr res pics i can give it a try

Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:33 PM
Do ALL Blue and black since your seats are blue and black and the outside of your car is pretty much blue and black.
NO WHITE at all... not even on the vents. Gauges might not look horrible, but some plain gauges may look better.

My suggestion would be to go ALL black with everything except a few accent pieces such as the top of your middle console, the piece around your door handle, the fabric in your door panel,, and the dash bezel--- paint those the color of your car. I believe yourautotrim.com makes fabrics that are very close to the color of your car that would look perfect in the door panel.
When you re-do the dash, door panels, back panels, etc. use all automotive paint. Maybe even a black w/ blue metal flake... would that look right? & When repainting the top part of the dash, paint the vent, air bag cover, vents, parts around the vents, etc the color of the dash.... not a different color.

GL w/ your project! The white does have to go now though!

Proud member of JBOK!
Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:32 PM
well im not getting new hvac overlay or new gauges.. so who knows thats why i want it photoshopped first.. heres a higher resolution pic

Thursday, September 29, 2005 2:19 PM
get a gauge bezal in cf or paint one black and i think the gauges would look ok. but i would say deff go blue and black olny. whats the glare like with your dash white like that? i think titus make CF havac overlays also.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 2:42 PM
the glare isnt bad.. my hvac has my name on it n stuff but i suppose i could change it but i def. dont wanna change my gauges.. wish somene could photoshop the whtie pieces black! with the gauges ect whtie

Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:12 AM
well i did something a little different today.. neve rknew it was such a pain in the ass until i started thought it would be an hour deal.lol

Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:22 AM
Brandon, I'll have to agree with the gauge bezel. Hop on eBay and get one of the metal ones, paint it black.

Definately looking better though.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 2:55 AM
Did you just pain the dash with vinyl paint?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search