help please power door locks - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help please power door locks
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:26 PM
anyone have any tips or how too's on installing pistol type power door locks i need help asap!!!

Re: help please power door locks
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:43 PM
can you post pics of the kit that you are trying to install? that would make it easier for us to help you cuz i have no idea what "pistol type" power locks are.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:00 PM
here you go, all i need to know is how to hook them up now, like how to wire them!
http://www.12vp.com/item_dlp62w_ind.htm

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:36 PM
ok guys they have two wires coming off of them, now i want to wire them into my alarm system, how do i go about doin that beacuase i dont think my alarm system can reverse the current as needed to lock/unlock the actuators, do i need a relay? i have a bulldog security 7002 pro series alarm if that matters!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:31 PM
You bought the ones for 4.99? I went and bought the SPAL power lock kit and integrated it with my remote start system. I had to use a relay to change the current. Remember you get what you pay for. Did you already have power locks and are installing these to replace the buttons? If not i would reccoment purchasing the SPAL kit just to have a good quality kit. they should be all over ebay. I had my dad help me hook it up and he got it done but he used both manuals the SPAL one which kinda sucked but was easy to look at, and the gm one form the internet and the remote start booklet system.

Good luck none the less and hope you figure it out. Sorry i cant tear all my wirirng apart to help you more but its all tucked away.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:49 AM
check on your security system, wether or not it has an internal relay, if it does, then just hook it up staright, if not, then you gotta use double relays.... if i'm not mistaken

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search