a little to crazy?? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
a little to crazy??
Friday, June 17, 2005 10:21 AM
i dont know if this has ever been done before but i was thinking about all the things that i plan on glassing and i was wondering if i could glass the steering wheel and make it have a custom look, by maybe adding something cool...any ideas?? i was thinking i would probly have to strip the vinal off and wrap it in fleece, but other than that it seems possible to me. if anyone has done it can you post pics

an army of sheep lead by a lion would defeat an army of lions lead by a sheep

Re: a little to crazy??
Friday, June 17, 2005 10:28 AM
Maybe a LITTLE too crazy, but worth sketching out. That's not going to be fun or easy to install, but would be unique for sure.

And my money is going on the army of lions. They would so totally kick the army of sheep's ass, regardless of the leadership!

Steve

http://www.bluecavcustoms.com
Friday, June 17, 2005 10:57 AM
yeah i dont know how the lil air bag behind it would like fiberglass infront of it....or your face if you needed it ever...(thats if your keeping the airbag, which i wouldnt if i was doing this)

96 cavi'/WI j's
Friday, June 17, 2005 11:02 AM
Good point. That's gonna sting!

http://www.bluecavcustoms.com
Friday, June 17, 2005 11:20 AM
all i have to say is...prepare for ALOT ALOT ALOT of sanding if you do this

and your car will be down for a while if you dont have a backup wheel

Friday, June 17, 2005 4:20 PM
It's not crazy at all but DO NOT do it if your keeping your air bag cause the little lines that you see on your wheel are the lines that burst open when the airbag deploys. Which means you will have pieces of flberglass flying 100mph at your face.. But I have seen some trucks do it to some after markdet wheels and I love the look..

Friday, June 17, 2005 4:42 PM
^^^same here

__________________--------------------------____________________
Team: NONE RIGHT NOW
Sponsored By: Pro Trucks
Work Being Done By: creative customs
Stuff for Sell:

Friday, June 17, 2005 8:06 PM
most people who have done something like this (i.e. molding a LCD screen into the steering wheel) completely removed the air bags. careful though, your insurance company could drop you from the policy if they find out about this.

Friday, June 17, 2005 10:29 PM
insurance would drop you.

this is actually one of my projects i just havnt gotten around to. im going to keep the vinly and just figerglass over top of it, figure that will be the best way of keeping a good round shape. your going to have to use very small strips of fiberglass, and sanding will be time consuming to get it right, and i'd leave the airbag part alone. best bet is to just grab a spare whell from the junkyard or someone that has one, i picked mine up for like 15$

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, June 17, 2005 11:10 PM
The air bag comes out pretty easily if you know how to do it. but make sure to disconnect the battery

JHound
I took a Grey Hound bus to the 2005 GMSC Bash

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/501000-501999/501209_5.jpg
Saturday, June 18, 2005 10:45 PM
just so you know a air bag is still active even after the battery is disconnected...it holds a charge and can deploy up to 48 hours after an accident in some cases, thats why when a firedepartmnet responds to an accident and the air bag hasn't deployed they put this clamp over the wheel that has spikes pointed at the bag and if the bag deployes it will burst/punchure it before it can injure the Firefighter or EMT helping the victum. But I would imagine there would still be a huge white dust cloud flying 100mph at them and yes i would use a junk wheel just to see how it would come out first and i wouldn't use a bag if i desided to take on this project.

Saturday, June 18, 2005 10:56 PM
Blue Cav Customs wrote:Maybe a LITTLE too crazy, but worth sketching out. That's not going to be fun or easy to install, but would be unique for sure.

And my money is going on the army of lions. They would so totally kick the army of sheep's ass, regardless of the leadership!

Steve

really you think so?? how about we take a poll and see?

The army of Sheeps Lead by the Lion would win anyday...leadership is everything just look at this nation and what it was built on...oh... yeah...maybe your right...

Sunday, June 19, 2005 6:24 AM
lowrey wrote:
Blue Cav Customs wrote:Maybe a LITTLE too crazy, but worth sketching out. That's not going to be fun or easy to install, but would be unique for sure.

Steve

really you think so?? how about we take a poll and see?

The army of Sheeps Lead by the Lion would win anyday...leadership is everything just look at this nation and what it was built on...oh... yeah...maybe your right...

i agree with the army of lions winning, they would eat their leader then go on a feast and eat everyone else and win

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search