FEELER: FIBERGLASS PARTS - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FEELER: FIBERGLASS PARTS
Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:55 AM
Ok, well, I got to thinking the other day, and it seems alot of people are wanting fiberglass work done, and ive been looking at ways to make a little extra money here and there comsidering the economy is in the craps...so I am kinda just gauging interist in fiberglass projects...anything really, amplifier racks, speaker boxes, dashes, rear decks, pretty much anything.... I will also do the fiberglassed "look" on dash peices if requested. Just let me know what you want done and we'll try to work out a price. Thanks!

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"

Re: FEELER: FIBERGLASS PARTS
Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:04 PM
How about some pictures of your previous work first? I can tell people I can turn water into Irish whiskey and try to sell it, but people want to see it done.

Your car may do 13 sec @ 103 mph, but my car does 146db @ 35 hz.
Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:11 PM
Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:How about some pictures of your previous work first? I can tell people I can turn water into Irish whiskey and try to sell it, but people want to see it done.

+1

and from my experience on JBO, people are not willing to pay for the time/materials it takes to create quality pieces. Everyone seems to think I should use $100 in materials and countless hours of time and it should only cost them $100

Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:22 PM
Some pics are below. The pic that has dropjaw was from when my friend gary had the box and its a pic from cruisefests site, then the pic where the box is black was after i bought the system off of him and repainted the box to go with my color theme on my car...those are all the pics i have as of now..Granted the box did need some owrk at first, the dropjaw pic is after we fixed the like sag look of the fiberglass...

Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:54 PM
Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:How about some pictures of your previous work first? I can tell people I can turn water into Irish whiskey and try to sell it, but people want to see it done.

Sounds legit to me..

Friday, October 16, 2009 4:39 AM
going to find a bigger market, hell my fiberglass box i ended up selling for like 50 bucks because nobody wanted to spend the money on it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, October 16, 2009 9:54 AM
Quote:

Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:

How about some pictures of your previous work first? I can tell people I can turn water into Irish whiskey and try to sell it, but people want to see it done

Lol, hey Lanman I'm gonna stop at UPS today and send about 8 gallons of water to you, if you can get that whiskey back to me by next week that would be great!

Friday, October 16, 2009 12:45 PM
We got a problem homie. I'll end up drinking all the whiskey. Speaking of, I went out last night to the bar where I DJ my reggae night. I had some friends come out, and the bartender is a real cool dude. He bought me and a buddy our beers, and then later when my lady friends came, got us all shots of Jameson.

Your car may do 13 sec @ 103 mph, but my car does 146db @ 35 hz.
Friday, October 16, 2009 1:09 PM
J03Y wrote:

+1

and from my experience on JBO, people are not willing to pay for the time/materials it takes to create quality pieces. Everyone seems to think I should use $100 in materials and countless hours of time and it should only cost them $100

If you want to make money doing this kind of work, this is the wrong community to do it in. 95% of j-body owners are cheap.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Friday, October 16, 2009 9:54 PM
^speaks the troof, btw op if that's ur actual work in that dropjaw pic, it looks real nice, but what would something like that even go for?

and as stated most the j-body scene......no scratch that, most the economy car scene owners are cheap so to make something like that then have to ship it, i just don't see ya makin anything. good idea though.

Saturday, October 17, 2009 8:49 AM
Your work looks good, but I'm just going to say that double posting is the devil.

Monday, October 19, 2009 2:06 PM
for me personally looking at that box, i would say around 50-75 bucks for material. probalby 30 bucks for paint, so $100 in material. and probalby 10 hours of labor . even if labor was only 10 bucks an hour (who works that cheap) youd still be looking at around $200 for the box and probalby $100 to ship something that big and heavy. so $300 bucks. something 99.99% of j-body owners wouldnt pay. and thats if your only charging 10 bucks an hour labor. i know myself personally wouldn't work for less then 2-3x that labor rate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, October 19, 2009 3:33 PM
@!#$ Ill build a box for myself and dick it up a few times rather than spending $300 or $400 and gain some experience. Maybe thats just how I am though.

Monday, October 19, 2009 6:28 PM
thats how most people are on here, they want it until they find out how much it actually costs to make.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:39 AM
sndsgood wrote:thats how most people are on here, they want it until they find out how much it actually costs to make.

Main reason I havent made the column pods a few people have asked me to make. They barely want to pay for the materials, let alone the time it takes to make it..

Monday, October 26, 2009 6:57 AM
Twisted Cav(sdwndr2) wrote:
sndsgood wrote:thats how most people are on here, they want it until they find out how much it actually costs to make.

Main reason I havent made the column pods a few people have asked me to make. They barely want to pay for the materials, let alone the time it takes to make it..

Yup. You would be surprised how many PM's i still get about people wanting me to glass something for them. Once I reply back with an estimate on price I generally never hear from them again.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:04 AM
Same here man...especially local stuff too. Everyone wants a custom sun enclosure, or a false floor, or console or whatever...but its gotta be under 50 bucks

Monday, November 30, 2009 3:56 PM
lmao, all this talk about Cheap.

I think that's the reason why we own either a crapalier or sunflower in the first place.

If we had money, we would buy an Toyota, Nissan, or Acura.. something reliable.

*kicks in the nuts*

jk

Monday, November 30, 2009 4:35 PM
J03Y wrote:
Yup. You would be surprised how many PM's i still get about people wanting me to glass something for them. Once I reply back with an estimate on price I generally never hear from them again.

I did that, lol.

219whp - I <3 whine

Monday, November 30, 2009 5:37 PM
Tinkles wrote:
J03Y wrote:

I did that, lol.

Join the club... however it wasn't because the estimate was too high it was due to the project changing directions.

FOR SALE
Thursday, December 03, 2009 11:10 AM
so this thread was pretty much a waste of time lol...

Friday, December 04, 2009 5:46 AM
David Ortlieb wrote:so this thread was pretty much a waste of time lol...

for the most part, trying to make and sell parts to J owners is a waste of time.

There are always a FEW exceptions, but not many

Sunday, December 06, 2009 9:19 AM
not enough exceptions to really warrant the time involved to do it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search