Stripped lug - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stripped lug
Thursday, January 08, 2009 8:46 AM
Searched and couldnt find anything about this..

I have open ended lugs and a couple of them have rounded on the inside. Basically when i put the tool in, it just turns and doesnt nothing. Im clueless on what to do now, Is there any other way to get them off?

Re: Stripped lug
Thursday, January 08, 2009 9:57 AM
take a socket thats slightly smaller then the overall size of the lug and hammer it on. should be able to remove it from there. after that, dont buy any more open end lugs for that reason.

Thursday, January 08, 2009 10:51 AM
wait....we talkin about tuner style lugs, and the key stripped it out, or like a factory nut and the threads are junk??

if the first, do what was mentioned, or get e special reverse threaded wheel lock remover tool to get them off.

If the second, your stud is probably spinning in the hub.

Sunday, January 11, 2009 10:35 AM
Yea were talkin about open ended tuner lugs. And trust me, ill never buy them again. I did take a socket and hammered it in there and got the front wheels off and couple lugs off the back wheels, but the rest are completely rounded. Im having a hard time finding a reverible drill bit big enough.

Monday, January 12, 2009 5:12 PM
and people thought I was crazzy for spending $100+ on McGard spline drive lugs and locks lol

Monday, January 12, 2009 6:26 PM
I had the same problem that's why I switched to mcgard lugs. I'd never buy anythin else ever again

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search