Another Stupid Wheel Question brought to you by Me!! - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another Stupid Wheel Question brought to you by Me!!
Monday, November 03, 2008 6:44 AM
I found that 1010tires.com lists the 2 styles of Tenzo R Wheels I want...

Tenzo R DC5 and Tenzo R Type M

But yet when I go to choose those wheels for the cavy it does not show them, which means to me their system thinks they wont fit.

They are 18x8 with a 37mm offset (also available a 45mm offset and 28mm offset)

Should I just call and ask why?

I was thinking maybe one of you guys may know

My first rims on QBE were Rota Subzeros that were 18x7.5 with a 45mm offset and they rubbed my inner fender like crazy. Does that half inch really make a huge difference?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Another Stupid Wheel Question brought to you by Me!!
Monday, November 03, 2008 9:02 AM
18x8's will fit fine. im sure they dont list them because of how wide they are, but in the proper offset they will fit fine. the thing is, in a situation like this it is best to test fit the rim and tire package and check for clearance. the +37mm should be fine. may be best to contact them and see what the reason is and to see what can be done if there is a fitment issue if you order them.

1997 Cavalier Z24
Bomz Short Ram Intake
Vibrant Cat-Back
KYB GR2 Struts
Goldline 1.75" Springs
RK Sport Upper Insert
RK Sport Lower Dogbone
Custom Tune by Shane @
innovativetuning@rogers.com

15.647 @ 88.02 MPH
Monday, November 03, 2008 10:14 AM
they do not list them because they "are outside the ideal fitment range" for ym vehicle

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, November 03, 2008 6:32 PM
On an 8" width, I'd go with the +45. They should have less of a chance of rubbing on the fender than the +37.

Monday, November 03, 2008 7:54 PM
I am still waiting on some 17X8's with a 45, but there are a few people with them on(I would assume the 18x8's would be close),

I know Qwik2k2z24 has 225/45r17's on the traklites, and Darkstars had the 235/40r17's on the 17x8's with a 45, and skilz is running 235/40r17 on 17x7.5 with a 45 offset including spacers

so the 45 (I hope too) should work.
I have to see if it will clear the spring pirch.
I think it should because the tire is the same overall size, not too much wider, and is centered about the same spot (2mm out).

the 37 may sit far out, centered 10 mm out from stock.

from what I have seen, most of the time with 18's , usually with 7 or 7.5, the offset is 40 or 42. or at least for our fitments.
not too sure with the 8's though.

and how bad did your other rims rub, and can you cut that part out or mod something to get them to work.
I am sure sometime in the future I am going to have to have something cut out and have another part welded back in only to move something over a half inch.
I can just feel it, but it is a little exciting(I like the idea of having to mod my car to make something that I want on it, fit, it just makes it feel rewarding)

good luck
I like the type m, they look very tunerish(jdm like maybe, or even more of a european look, different than the norm)

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 1:51 PM
V 18x8 w/ a 45 offset!

the front are close to the fender! i'm gonna probably have to roll the fenders when i get air ride! or buy toyo fenders!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, November 04, 2008 1:53 PM
Attachments
alley pic 4.jpg (130k)

WiGM-Tuners member.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 12:57 PM
In Delaware you can't have the tire outside the fender. So make sure you are legal!
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 1:52 PM
45mm offset up front and 37mm offset in the rear FTW!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:14 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:45mm offset up front and 37mm offset in the rear FTW!

probly what I will do....

they rubbed like crazy like my inner fender right next to those 2 holes.. was nasty but I didnt care lol

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:30 PM
my old rims were 18x8 with a 40 off set and didn't rub anything. New ones are 19x8.5, i dunno what the offset if off hand, but they rub a bit when going lock lock

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search