Nitrogen filled tires - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Nitrogen filled tires
Saturday, October 25, 2008 3:52 PM
Nitrogen filled tires anyone ever heard of them, what are they exactly. I had my oil changed the other day and it was recommended that i invest in a set my first thought was what a bunch of absolute nonsense but thought i'd see if anyone else has heard of them because i sure haven't.

Re: Nitrogen filled tires
Saturday, October 25, 2008 4:03 PM
Search it...i used to think it was BS to untill i read up on it....worth it? Maybe not for you, but def better than air...

Saturday, October 25, 2008 4:05 PM
my tires have about 80% nitrogen in them.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:26 PM
see now i'm with you Kardain, the recommendation that i look into getting nitrogen filled tires stated safety and reliability, i've used plain compressed air tires ever since i got my car in aug of 05, how is a nitrogen filled tire more reliable than a plain old air compressed tire how is nitrogen more safe it just makes no sense to me give me a good old fashioned radial tire any day.
Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:53 PM
cannon fodder wrote:my tires have about 80% nitrogen in them.

LMAO thats the truth...........................
Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:58 PM
nitrogen in tires is just for people that neglect to ever check the air in them. no advantage except that nitrogen molecule are larger and wont leak out as easy. Also nitrogen is explosive.
Saturday, October 25, 2008 7:05 PM
which means alex, that if your ever unfortunate enough to have a blow out your pretty much done.
Saturday, October 25, 2008 7:16 PM
Quote:

Also nitrogen is explosive.

Nitrogen is not explosive, it is an inert gas.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:41 PM
Alex Currington wrote:nitrogen in tires is just for people that neglect to ever check the air in them. no advantage except that nitrogen molecule are larger and wont leak out as easy. Also nitrogen is explosive.

Sunday, October 26, 2008 7:00 PM
Alex Currington wrote:Also nitrogen is explosive.

I breathe 78% nitrogen. I hope I don't explode.

Monday, October 27, 2008 3:40 AM
people are @!#$ stupid on this site.

Monday, October 27, 2008 6:26 AM
LMAO

Monday, October 27, 2008 5:19 PM
interesting theory you have there awd, because in another forum i made a post about my battery that was venting acid and was told by someone not to believe what other people tell me and to listen to the people here on the org because they know what they're talking about.
Monday, October 27, 2008 5:27 PM

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:23 AM
Bill wrote:interesting theory you have there awd, because in another forum i made a post about my battery that was venting acid and was told by someone not to believe what other people tell me and to listen to the people here on the org because they know what they're talking about.

trust me, your just as stupid.

oh noez!!! im going to get an IM now from you

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:09 AM
um ok i post what someone told me in another forum, and you respond by dogging on me way to go that makes so much sense to start dogging on people on the site like that.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:26 AM
In another post i made in the 3rd gen forum regarding my battery that was venting acid a J body.org member Kyle hinkley aka tinkles wrote and i quote Listen to the people here on the org, we actually know what we're talking about. If your gonna dog on someone go after him he's the one you oughta be attacking not me go after the right person when you attack someone.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:12 AM
ok come on people,stop your bitching!

ive answered the nitroen question SEVERAL times on here.

Pros:

- inert gas (will not EXPLODE dumb ass!)
- larger molecules than "plain old air" means less likely to leak out
- also, less susceptible to pressure fluctuation from temperature change due to friction from driving on them
- supposed to be less susceptible to pressure fluctuation due to ambient (outside) air temperature, but i dont notice this so much

Cons:

- still not available everywhere, so it can be harder to obtain if you need to adjust your pressures

sooooo...

what happens if i need to top up my pressure and dont have nitrogen around? top it up with "plain air"! air is 80% nitrogen anyways so no complications will arise. the benefit to running nitrogen in your tires comes when the concentration of nitrogen is 97% or better.

its true the main benefit is for people who dont check or forget to check their air pressure on a regular basis. but in all honesty, most places are getting nitrogen filter stations anyways and are doing this for free. hell my brother in law ans sisters new sentra came with nitrogen filled tires...first time ive ever seen an OEM doing it.

nitrogen inflated tires ave been around for a while. its been comonly used in high heat tire applications such as race cars, planes, etc.

1997 Cavalier Z24
Bomz Short Ram Intake
Vibrant Cat-Back
KYB GR2 Struts
Goldline 1.75" Springs
RK Sport Upper Insert
RK Sport Lower Dogbone
Custom Tune by Shane @
innovativetuning@rogers.com

15.647 @ 88.02 MPH
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:26 AM
Bill wrote:In another post i made in the 3rd gen forum regarding my battery that was venting acid a J body.org member Kyle hinkley aka tinkles wrote and i quote Listen to the people here on the org, we actually know what we're talking about. If your gonna dog on someone go after him he's the one you oughta be attacking not me go after the right person when you attack someone.

While Tinkles' comment was a little vague, this gist of it is that the people on here that provide the large amount of information are very knowledgeable. Not the retarded comments by the less known members. When you're around long enough, if your brain works well enough, you can start to get a good idea of the people who know what they're talking about, and the ones who pop up here and there with pointless info.

Comments like "nitrogen is explosive" are perfect examples.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:46 AM
The Air Force uses nitrogen in ALL their aircraft tires...for cars its simple, same tires different inflation gas. I had nitrogen when I lived in Cali on Beale AFB just becuase I could.. The reason for it in aircraft tires is becuase it expands less.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 11:01 AM
AWD GS wrote:
Bill wrote:interesting theory you have there awd, because in another forum i made a post about my battery that was venting acid and was told by someone not to believe what other people tell me and to listen to the people here on the org because they know what they're talking about.

trust me, your just as stupid.

oh noez!!! im going to get an IM now from you

lmao thats funny

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 1:57 PM

My thoughts exactly, enough said.

AWD GS wrote:people are @!#$ stupid on this site.

Fact.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:38 PM
well either way asking a simple question does not constitute me as being stupid, that is the bottom line had awd not made that one little comment i would have just let it go.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:19 PM
It's not so much this question that makes you stupid.... its just you in general

Are you aware you've been nominated for the 2008 douche bag of the year and your actually do quite well in the competition? Although you've been posting less which is taking some attention away from yourself.... But yeah, bottom line, you ARE stupid

carry on

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search