F23 Shifter rebuild kit? Nylon bushing - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
F23 Shifter rebuild kit? Nylon bushing
Friday, September 02, 2011 6:02 PM
Does anyone know if there are replacement parts or a rebuild kit available for the shifter mechanism on the F23? I am specifically looking for a new replacement nylon bushing that fits on the shifter and does the up/down movement.

Re: F23 Shifter rebuild kit? Nylon bushing
Saturday, October 08, 2011 4:49 PM
I dont know that there are any service parts for the F23 shifter. But the good thing is the shifters are still available new from GM.
I just picked up one for my Grand Am and it was about $90 and comes complete with a new knob.
Sunday, October 09, 2011 11:39 AM
Lee Josephs wrote:I dont know that there are any service parts for the F23 shifter. But the good thing is the shifters are still available new from GM.
I just picked up one for my Grand Am and it was about $90 and comes complete with a new knob.

Not what he is talking about. He means inside the tranny.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 09, 2011 1:58 PM
Ok, the only nylon piece on an F23 shifter in the trans is this

If he is talking about that piece, then the answer is still no as GM only services it as a complete shifter assembly as seen in this GM parts diagram printed out last week when I was buying some parts for one that I am building.
You will see item#1 is the shifter assembly. The do not sell individual parts off of it.

Sunday, October 09, 2011 5:27 PM
He is talking about the nylon tips on the shift forks inside the tranny.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:14 PM
Lee Josephs wrote:Ok, the only nylon piece on an F23 shifter in the trans is this

Yes, this is the part I was talking about.
Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:28 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:He is talking about the nylon tips on the shift forks inside the tranny.

Nope!
Monday, October 10, 2011 7:58 AM
Lee Josephs wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:He is talking about the nylon tips on the shift forks inside the tranny.

Nope!

Sorry. I was wrong.

Never had a issue with those, or heard of anyone either.

FU Tuning

Monday, October 10, 2011 8:42 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Lee Josephs wrote:

Nope!

Sorry. I was wrong.

Never had a issue with those, or heard of anyone either.

When I rebuilt my F23 I used a 5/16 nut I bored the center out of to fit the pin on the gate selector, then put it on the grinder to make it a nice fit in the gear selection arm.

Works great! The only problem is you have to remember to lubbricate it and grease attracts dirt.... An Oilite bushing would work better

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search