f23 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
f23
Monday, July 27, 2009 9:02 PM
hi im swapping a 98 cav z24 from AT to MT and im using the f23 getrag tranny and i would like to know if i could use the AT harness with the getrag tranny help will be really appreciated

boostedz24

Re: f23
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:33 PM
no

Monday, December 13, 2010 3:24 PM
I know this is an old post but you can. I just did. you just wire the reverse sensor off the neutral safety switch- (auto selector switch at the trans) (note: you can use the same plug for your window washer motor for the reverse light sensor you just wire the green wire of the selector switch and attach the other side to a fused power side) , and the clutch pedal safety switch. (clip and wire in and out the fat yellow wire coming off the ignition switch to the clutch switch) I left the auto selector switch in and kept it in the first gear position so I could rev over 4000 rpms and the speedo would work. You do have to clip and connect the two large wires going to the auto selector switch so you can still start the car though.

Monday, December 13, 2010 4:12 PM
Wow, so all that work to get it done..... OR, you could wire it with a MT harness and only have to mess with attaching the 4 wires, no fuss.

Technically you could you could use a AT harness, sure, its only wiring and plugs, but really, if doing it your way is easier for you, by all means.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 6:50 AM
Yea Im just broke and like to wire stuff up..... so it was a win win with me.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:22 AM
Fair enough...... sometimes we must use what we have to make things work!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search